Thread: Thermostat Setup Question

Post Likes

Thermostat Setup Question

I have an outdoor electric 2-stage packaged heat pump and just installed an Emerson Sensi Smart ST75 thermostat today.

After install, the equipment settings said: HP2 (outdoor) and EL2 (indoor). I tested heat and cool modes and both work.

I’m just wondering if I should change the indoor equipment setting to “fan” since I don’t have indoor equipment. But the directions say to do that if you don’t have a wire in the W/E and I do have a wire in that. My previous thermostat had a separate terminal for W and E and the white wire was in the W. There is not a “none” option for indoor equipment. The options are GA1, GA2, EL1, EL2 and fan.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

https://sensi.emerson.com/en-us/support/how-do-i-configure-my-thermostat

Post Likes
    What brand unit?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    It’s a Carrier Performance 50VR-C30-30TP.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    What brand unit?
    It’s a Carrier Performance 50VR-C30-30TP.

I’m wondering if Emerson just says “Indoor settings” and “outdoor settings” since most people don’t have packaged units? It seems that the outdoor settings are just for AC and the indoor settings are just for heat. If it said “heat settings” and “cool settings,” I would have looked at it and immediately known it was set up right.

Post Likes
    Your contractor should be responsible for properly setting the thermostat. That's why the menu is "INSTALLER set up."
    Why are you having to make changes?
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Site member map HERE!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Your contractor should be responsible for properly setting the thermostat. That's why the menu is "INSTALLER set up."
    Why are you having to make changes?
    I installed the thermostat myself. I didn’t make any changes on the installer set up. I was looking at the system screen and had a question on the wording since tech support was closed on Sunday.

I just got off the phone with Emerson tech support and they confirmed that indoor should say EL2 and if I changed that to “fan” it would make AUX not work.