+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What’s the Story Behind your Avatar

Post Likes

What’s the Story Behind your Avatar

Just curious about some of your avatars and what they are, and what the story is if there is one.

For example @R600a ; are those hard start bleed resistors?

Anyway mine is a flag made out of wrenches. I think people in congress and other white collars around the country should remember that wrenches (literally and figuratively) keep America turning. And middle class, blue collars, turn wrenches.

Anyways, I don’t want this to be a political discussion, just a discussion of avatars
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    Grandson

3. Likes JayMan7, lkapigian liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Beer

and man lemme tellya , theres plenty of stories ....

5. Likes JayMan7, lkapigian, DerkPerk liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I had one at one point (2009-2010).
    Had to change my username because my boss was doofus (insert 2 syllable expletive here).
    Never got to the point of selecting a new one. Might have to work on that, maybe.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    You cannot protect the Stupid from themselves !
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

7. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mad Max

9. Likes lkapigian liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mine is my picture. Bout 5-6 years ago. I was in Pasadena tx. At Connie's seafood, known locally for really good atmosphere and food. I was sitting at the bar, swilling a cold one.
    Had just bought the phone, new shoes n a haircut.. and one of the super duper shrimp cocktails.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

11. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Had this one a while. It is a close up pic of the backside of a specialty ice machine evaporator that makes ice glasses to drink out of.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Had this one a while. It is a close up pic of the backside of a specialty ice machine evaporator that makes ice glasses to drink out of.
    Dude that’s awesome! I always wondered what that was!

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes

What’s the Story Behind your Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CircusEnvy View Post
    Mad Max
    Dang man that’s sweet! I liked the avatar but now that I know it’s from mad max I like it even more. So did you photo shop the gauges on there or did you find the pic already like that?

Post Likes
    I asked you what that was a pic of one time, and you wouldn't tell me. It was shortly after I joined the forum. FINALLY, I get to know what that is!

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    I forgot what my first was.
    My second one was a cop car smashed into a semi-trailer from the movie set The Blues Brothers. #1 Wauconda Ill.
    The steer head in from my fire place. He's got Christmas balls on still.
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

17. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    My avatar is Stewie. I guess I identify with Stewie; not all of what is below, especially the ambiguous sexual orientation and violent stuff. But violence is okay in a cartoon. If you've never seen family guy, here's a link and a bit from the link . . .

https://familyguy.fandom.com/wiki/Stewie_Griffin

Stewart "Stewie" Gilligan Griffin is the flamboyant and eccentric one year old infant of Peter and Lois Griffin. Mentally he seems much older, even proclaiming in "I Never Met the Dead Man" to be shooting on a fifth grade level.

Stewie is well-spoken, with an advanced vocabulary, an upper-class British accent and an ambiguous sexual orientation. He refers to Peter often as 'The Fat man' and his mother by her given name, Lois. Seth MacFarlane has described him as "an evil Rex Harrison". Stewie is constantly plotting ways to kill his mother, Lois, apparently holding a grudge against her because of his nine-month stay in her "ovarian Bastille." He shares his secrets with his confidant and teddy bear Rupert. Stewie often speaks from the standpoint of a much older person, saying such things as "What is it that you children are into nowadays?"

On the show, Stewie engages in extreme violent or criminal acts, including robbery, carjacking, loan sharking, forgery, and killing off many minor characters. The characters he kills off are for reasons such as anger, jealousy, and grudges he holds. Stewie's mastery of physics, mechanical engineering, and firearms are at a level of science fiction. He has constructed advanced fighter-jets, a mind control device, a weather control device, robots, a time machine, a shrinking pod, a teleportation device, and more. Stewie employs these to deal with the stresses of infant life such as teething pain, and his hatred of broccoli or to kill his mother. Stewie also shows infant-like tendencies such as pretending his trike is an actual vehicle. Stewie's ability to move objects of greater weight than himself is not surprising to other characters, nor is his ability to perform martial arts or retrieve firearms from hammerspace. In "Dog Gone", after he made jokes about Brian killing a dog, Brian asks him how he'd feel if he had killed another baby. He merely replied by telling him he's killed seven, acting as if it was no big deal.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    I asked you what that was a pic of one time, and you wouldn't tell me. It was shortly after I joined the forum. FINALLY, I get to know what that is!
    Really? Or did I just not see the question. What a dick if I did. It's never was a secret or anything.
    Did I tell you it was a Madonna bra mold or something? Lol

20. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    I forgot what my first was.
    My second one was a cop car smashed into a semi-trailer from the movie set The Blues Brothers. #1 Wauconda Ill.
    The steer head in from my fire place. He's got Christmas balls on still.
    You from Wauconda?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    LOL, no.

You told me it was not a proper question/response for that particular thread. Thread title was something weird, can't remember what it was, but it was something like every response had to contradict the quoted response. Or tell us what you didn't do today. Something strange like that.

For what it is worth, I started paying a lot more attention to thread titles, and the shifting sands of any particular thread after that. Like I said, it was shortly after I joined this forum. Never been on any other social media, had no idea of the 'rules' to follow.

Really? Or did I just not see the question. What a dick if I did. It's never was a secret or anything.
    Did I tell you it was a Madonna bra mold or something? Lol

Post Likes
    LOL, no.

You told me it was not a proper question/response for that particular thread. Thread title was something weird, can't remember what it was, but it was something like every response had to contradict the quoted response. Or tell us what you didn't do today. Something strange like that.

For what it is worth, I started paying a lot more attention to thread titles, and the shifting sands of any particular thread after that. Like I said, it was shortly after I joined this forum. Never been on any other social media, had no idea of the 'rules' to follow.
    Maybe it was Dad's I don't care thread.

Post Likes
    My avatar is Stewie. I guess I identify with Stewie; not all of what is below, especially the ambiguous sexual orientation and violent stuff. But violence is okay in a cartoon. If you've never seen family guy, here's a link and a bit from the link . . .

https://familyguy.fandom.com/wiki/Stewie_Griffin

Stewart "Stewie" Gilligan Griffin is the flamboyant and eccentric one year old infant of Peter and Lois Griffin. Mentally he seems much older, even proclaiming in "I Never Met the Dead Man" to be shooting on a fifth grade level.

Stewie is well-spoken, with an advanced vocabulary, an upper-class British accent and an ambiguous sexual orientation. He refers to Peter often as 'The Fat man' and his mother by her given name, Lois. Seth MacFarlane has described him as "an evil Rex Harrison". Stewie is constantly plotting ways to kill his mother, Lois, apparently holding a grudge against her because of his nine-month stay in her "ovarian Bastille." He shares his secrets with his confidant and teddy bear Rupert. Stewie often speaks from the standpoint of a much older person, saying such things as "What is it that you children are into nowadays?"

On the show, Stewie engages in extreme violent or criminal acts, including robbery, carjacking, loan sharking, forgery, and killing off many minor characters. The characters he kills off are for reasons such as anger, jealousy, and grudges he holds. Stewie's mastery of physics, mechanical engineering, and firearms are at a level of science fiction. He has constructed advanced fighter-jets, a mind control device, a weather control device, robots, a time machine, a shrinking pod, a teleportation device, and more. Stewie employs these to deal with the stresses of infant life such as teething pain, and his hatred of broccoli or to kill his mother. Stewie also shows infant-like tendencies such as pretending his trike is an actual vehicle. Stewie's ability to move objects of greater weight than himself is not surprising to other characters, nor is his ability to perform martial arts or retrieve firearms from hammerspace. In "Dog Gone", after he made jokes about Brian killing a dog, Brian asks him how he'd feel if he had killed another baby. He merely replied by telling him he's killed seven, acting as if it was no big deal.
    I’ve always loved that stewie avatar! Family guy is great, along with Rick and Morty and Solar Opposites!

25. Likes BBeerme liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Al Bundy is MY American Idol.
    Before we became afflicted with political correctness, he was the everyday working stiff. The Archie Bunker of the 90's minus the racial comments. Loves his wife and kids just as much as he couldn't stand them. Loves boobs and beer. Persevered thru every "bad luck" situation and always came out alive, not always in one piece. Wasn't afraid of telling people where to go and what to do when they get there. He always picked up the pieces no matter how bad things got.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

27. Likes dieseldude, JayMan7, crazzycajun liked this post.
    Post Likes
    That was a great thread, but nearly a thousand posts, don't want to look through them all:

https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...lt-lt-lt-lt-lt

Maybe that thread should be resurrected in honor of Dad . . . ?

Maybe it was Dad's I don't care thread.

Post Likes
    That was a great thread, but nearly a thousand posts, don't want to look through them all:

https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...lt-lt-lt-lt-lt

Maybe that thread should be resurrected in honor of Dad . . . ?
    I think it might have been a different one like say something about the member posting before you or something like that lol
    Yea if there were rules laid out I would have wanted you to stick to them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in