Thread: Technicians needed in Ocala FL

Post Likes

Lightbulb Technicians needed in Ocala FL

We are a well established and stable company in Ocala, FL needing to fill 3 positions for technicians and installers.
    • Competitive pay
    • New Nissan NV vans
    • Health and disability insurance
    • Great work atmosphere
    • Sales bonuses
    • Uniform laundry service
    • Local work, no travel
    • 99% Residential and light commercial

Minimum 2 years experience and own tools for technician role. Pay commensurate with experience. Training opportunities available for motivated apprentices with some experience.

DFWP/BGC/MVR check.

Click the link in my signature for contact info. Ask for Pete. Come in for an Interview today. Phase 2 interview is a Paid full day ride along if we like what we see.

Post Likes
    Fly me out 1st class RT for the interview . With it 22 here & 81 there, returning to Florida is starting to be a thought.

Post Likes
    Could I get some clarification?

I have decades of experience from 1 ton to 100+ tons - and a really extensive array of tools. Not so much as a parking ticket, every other record is clean as well, and I don't use drugs.

My clarification interests embedded below line-by-line.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    We are a well established and stable company in Ocala, FL needing to fill 3 positions for technicians and installers.
    • Competitive pay - OK: give me a range.
    • New Nissan NV vans - OK Where will these be parked at night?
    • Health and disability insurance - OK
    • Great work atmosphere - I am sure I can make ample contributions to this.
    • Sales bonuses - All sales? Parts sales? Replacement-equipment sales? Non-equipment sales only?
    • Uniform laundry service - are the uniforms mandatory?
    • Local work, no travel - OK; driving radius?
    • 99% Residential and light commercial - OK

Minimum 2 years experience and own tools for technician role. Pay commensurate with experience. Training opportunities available for motivated apprentices with some experience.

DFWP/BGC/MVR check.

Click the link in my signature for contact info. Ask for Pete. Come in for an Interview today. Phase 2 interview is a Paid full day ride along if we like what we see.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of Thinking

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy1949 View Post
    Fly me out 1st class RT for the interview . With it 22 here & 81 there, returning to Florida is starting to be a thought.
    The leaving out pay ranges allways erks me. For a 1st class tech it should be a very good amount that puts you into a very nice lifestyle. It would be a very big move for me + going back to work full time so if enough money I would

Post Likes
    For me that's only $732 on AA they would be out & Im worth it

Post Likes
    Company website says $25 hr top pay. They are pretty short to be able to make a great living in Fl, imo

Post Likes
    Company website says $25 hr top pay. They are pretty short to be able to make a great living in Fl, imo
    Met a guy about 6 years ago who moved from Florida to California. He said he was making $22 an hour which was nearly top pay. That would have been residential only, no commercial or refrigeration.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Met a guy about 6 years ago who moved from Florida to California. He said he was making $22 an hour which was nearly top pay. That would have been residential only, no commercial or refrigeration.
    When I sold out in 2015 right here in podunkville my top guy made more than 25+ fringes. Plus I paid 40 hrs no matter the work load.

Post Likes
    When I sold out in 2015 right here in podunkville my top guy made more than 25+ fringes. Plus I paid 40 hrs no matter the work load.
    That sounds about right then, because the guy I was talking about was not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Could I get some clarification?

I have decades of experience from 1 ton to 100+ tons - and a really extensive array of tools. Not so much as a parking ticket, every other record is clean as well, and I don't use drugs.

My clarification interests embedded below line-by-line.

PHM
    --------
    • Competitive pay - OK: give me a range. $15-25/hr plus bonuses. Techs at the lower end are expected to have 2 years of verifiable service experience, basic hand, and diagnostic tools, and can be building their more expensive tool collections. Techs at the upper end are expected to provide their own equipment and not require hand-holding or have a lot of callbacks. You'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't?) at how many turn up asking for top pay and have no tools, no drivers license, no EPA card but swear they're the best that's ever been. Installer positions are advertised at $13-17 currently, mostly resi changeouts
    • New Nissan NV vans - OK Where will these be parked at night? In your driveway, comes with a gas card.
    • Health and disability insurance - OK
    • Great work atmosphere - I am sure I can make ample contributions to this. Glad to hear. I feel like I work for the best owners in the business
    • Sales bonuses - All sales? Parts sales? Replacement-equipment sales? Non-equipment sales only? Technicians are expected to recommend a replacement for failed, failing, and inefficient systems and receive a company bonus for every conversion (service calls resulting in a sale) plus manufacturer's bonuses for higher-end replacement systems. Additional bonus if you sell 10 change-outs in a month. These bonuses are not figured into your base rate. You aren't expected to turn up leads or cold call; just use your knowledge to sell replacements when they're appropriate
    • Uniform laundry service - are the uniforms mandatory? Yes, even the owner wears a uniform. Your standard tan button-down with your name and the company logo, uniform pants or denim. Uniform shorts also provided, it is Florida after all.
    • Local work, no travel - OK; driving radius? approximately 30 miles radius from the shop, most calls under 10 miles
    • 99% Residential and light commercial - OK

Post Likes
    We have a pretty low cost of living here. I've seen a couple of shops offer higher in the area but they aren't companies I'd want to work for. To make much more than that in central Florida you'd have to be in Orlando or be doing more commercial and refrigeration

Post Likes
    Wow...just wow.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    That's a out what I heard also. I considered moving to Florida to be closer to my parents. They actually live very close to Ocala. About 20 minutes away. I called a couple places a few years back and they told me the same.

Seems like top pay there is going to be about 25 or 27/hr for commercial in rural FL. Honestly Fl isn't much cheaper to live than Oregon, if at all. And top pay here is about $15+/hr more. That's at least $30k a year more.

BTW, we're hiring if anyone is interested.