+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dry vs Wet refrigeration?

Post Likes

Dry vs Wet refrigeration?

I can't remember how to create a dry refrigerator or wet refrigerator? Humidity? I didn't write down the technique because I thought I wouldn't forget.

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Evaporator TD. More TD lowers humidity and less TD raises humidity.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Thanks, makes sense more colder means more water down the drain pipe.

4. Likes R600a liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMac View Post
    Thanks, makes sense more colder means more water down the drain pipe.
    Yeah the colder the coil is the lower the dew point of the air coming off the coil will be.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Knowing the refrigerated product determines the required storage conditions.This is for two conditions, RH% & temperature. A can of beer could care less about wet/dry WI box conditions. But ask a watermelon/lemons/limes/melons what conditions they demand for storage,dry. Then see what Lettice/strawberries,peaches would like,wet. Then check what conditions an "Aged Steak" MUST HAVE for WI box conditions. Clams require a dry shell so that the clam will clamp its shell shut to retain its inner water/moisture.

7. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Flowers are the most demanding, I don't care what anyone says. Floral cases have to conserve as many drops of water as possible. Air velocity off the coil plays a significant role in dehydrating unpackaged products too.

9. Likes crazzycajun, jmlandru liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    Knowing the refrigerated product determines the required storage conditions.This is for two conditions, RH% & temperature. A can of beer could care less about wet/dry WI box conditions. But ask a watermelon/lemons/limes/melons what conditions they demand for storage,dry. Then see what Lettice/strawberries,peaches would like,wet. Then check what conditions an "Aged Steak" MUST HAVE for WI box conditions. Clams require a dry shell so that the clam will clamp its shell shut to retain its inner water/moisture.
    Actually an overly wet beer box is a problem as well. If its bad enough the cardboard gets soaked, labels fall off bottles and the cheap glue on the packaging fetches loose. The problem is the customer projected a high turnover with lots of new product going in warm.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlandru View Post
    Actually an overly wet beer box is a problem as well. If its bad enough the cardboard gets soaked, labels fall off bottles and the cheap glue on the packaging fetches loose. The problem is the customer projected a high turnover with lots of new product going in warm.
    How true,how true! But covering my own butt,I did stipulate a can of beer.

Post Likes
    Cans don't care, and that seems to be the trend. Maybe it won't be an issue any more.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlandru View Post
    Did a outdoor box here. Spring and Fall it had that problem. Installed a drain pan heater and humidistat for extra run time. Problem Solved.

Post Likes
    How did the drain pan heater help?
    How did you set up the humidistat?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BobFrost View Post
    How did the drain pan heater help?
    How did you set up the humidistat?
    Spring and fall it was cool outside so there wasn't enough run time. When the humidity was above 50% the heater ran with the refrigeration, longer cycles.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in