Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 90%er condensate drain.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Oklahoma home its in the name
    Posts
    7,379
    Post Likes

    90%er condensate drain.

    Hmm 18 f and I wonder why the furnace wont run.


    Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Oklahoma home its in the name
    Posts
    7,379
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Some installer plumbed all the drains together and ran them down the wall so when it freezes the furnace shuts down.

    Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    32,797
    Post Likes
    and glued the exhaust and intake flues in place!

  4. Likes R600a liked this post.
  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Oklahoma home its in the name
    Posts
    7,379
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    and glued the exhaust and intake flues in place!
    Yeah that too. You could write a book on what all is wrong.

    Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Garner NC
    Posts
    3,516
    Post Likes
    Must be those new factory instructions on p trap not needed anymore because the air pressure will force it out! Lol

  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Haskell Oklahoma
    Posts
    794
    Post Likes
    Man 90% of our calls this weekend (including the one I just got back home from) is frozen condensing furnaces. Damn 90 pluses should never be installed in an attic that is not spray foamed or at least the furnace in a closet of its own up there. Right now with it 6 degrees, it dont matter if they woulda insulated it or not, shes gonna freeze. Only saving grace woulda been some heat tape. This friggin sucks right now.

  8. Likes R600a liked this post.
  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Oklahoma home its in the name
    Posts
    7,379
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurst11 View Post
    Man 90% of our calls this weekend (including the one I just got back home from) is frozen condensing furnaces. Damn 90 pluses should never be installed in an attic that is not spray foamed or at least the furnace in a closet of its own up there. Right now with it 6 degrees, it dont matter if they woulda insulated it or not, shes gonna freeze. Only saving grace woulda been some heat tape. This friggin sucks right now.
    Yeah seriously.

    Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca. USA
    Posts
    97
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurst11 View Post
    Man 90% of our calls this weekend (including the one I just got back home from) is frozen condensing furnaces. Damn 90 pluses should never be installed in an attic that is not spray foamed or at least the furnace in a closet of its own up there. Right now with it 6 degrees, it dont matter if they woulda insulated it or not, shes gonna freeze. Only saving grace woulda been some heat tape. This friggin sucks right now.
    One of the only good things about living in CommieCalifornia now is the weather. Im freezing most of the days with it 28* as the lowest this year, even at 50* Im freezing but my health sucks. I couldnt live with minus temps.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nate Certified

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Oklahoma home its in the name
    Posts
    7,379
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by lrussell View Post
    One of the only good things about living in CommieCalifornia now is the weather. Im freezing most of the days with it 28* as the lowest this year, even at 50* Im freezing but my health sucks. I couldnt live with minus temps.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is a balmy -3f here.

    Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sea to Sky
    Posts
    4,968
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    It is a balmy -3f here.

    Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    Perfect. If someone's outdoor walk in freezer goes down,tell them to prop the door open and you will get to them when you are able. Lol

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  13. Likes R600a liked this post.
  14. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Garner NC
    Posts
    3,516
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    It is a balmy -3f here.

    Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    I got -15 feel with the wind chill...I’m worn out from it..10 at night to maybe 35 during the day that actually feels warm! Lol

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    26,266
    Post Likes
    We won’t put a condensing furnace in an attic.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

    WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

    Harry/Meghan 2024

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •