Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reversing valve wiring issue

Post Likes
    In most cases yes your probably right. And if it was wired for full blower yes, but that orange line isint dead. Im not 100% sure but doesnt the variable speed blower on trane monitor the temp for blower speed making it needing to know if it in cool or heat

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by brainsboy View Post
    In most cases yes your probably right. And if it was wired for full blower yes, but that orange line instead dead. Im not 100% sure but doesnt the variable speed blower on trane monitor the temp for blower speed
    No, at least not any of them I have seen since the early 90’s

Post Likes
    Not trying to be mean or anything but I get the feeling you’re in over your head.

I will tell you I have not seen a Bosch VS unit yet so I don’t have a clue what they require for wiring or the input. I do however know my way around most Trane air handlers and don’t see how what you need to do with the RV has any affect on the air handler.

4. Likes lions_lair, CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Not trying to be mean or anything but I get the feeling you’re in over your head.

I will tell you I have not seen a Bosch VS unit yet so I don’t have a clue what they require for wiring or the input. I do however know my way around most Trane air handlers and don’t see how what you need to do with the RV has any affect on the air handler.
    No offense taken. I havent worked on a lot of Tranes. The Bosch units are very simple. For cooling it only needs two wires "Y" and "C". For heating it needs 3 wires Y,C,B . On top of that it has a digital monitor inside to view all pressures, SH, SC, you dont even need to hook your gauges up to it.

If your right about most Tranes then in theory I should be able to just disconnect the orange wire from the air handler, and run directly from the thermostat to condenser and program the t-stat to energize on heat

Post Likes
    Not trying to disagree with you here or cause trouble but I just looked up the trane AH and it shows tables for all the blower performance speeds and it shows two different tables one for cooling speeds, and one for heating speeds. The speeds are all different for heat vs cooling. Also mentions something about running longer blower times after heat is turned off.

I think Im just going to just wire in a Relay which someone else mentioned and be done with it.

Post Likes
    Not trying to disagree with you here or cause trouble but I just looked up the trane AH and it shows tables for all the blower performance speeds and it shows two different tables one for cooling speeds, and one for heating speeds. The speeds are all different for heat vs cooling. Also mentions something about running longer blower times after heat is turned off.

I think Im just going to just wire in a Relay which someone else mentioned and be done with it.
    Have you read the installation manual for the TAM6?

I just did. Nowhere in the manual does it say that the O terminal in the air handler controls anything, never mind fan speed.

That terminal is a dummy terminal. It's only purpose is a junction for the reversing valve wire from the thermostat and from the outdoor unit. It eliminates using a wire nut and allows for a cleaner installation.

Several guys here have given you good advice. You need to stop and listen instead of blindly following what you believe to be true.

There is no need for relays or any other BS other than a proper HP capable thermostat that allow switching the function between O/B

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

8. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    It’s not that complicated!

10. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH, joemach liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yep it doesnt say the O controls anything, also doesnt say it doesnt control something.

Im listening!!!! im not blindly guessing here... so then how are all the variable speeds different between heat and cooling??? if the "O" is dead???

The orange "O" is a wire coming off the AH ECU its not a terminal for cosmetics. it would have to have a nut anyhow.

I can take the advice, Ok its just a dummy orange wire hanging off the ECU. I will wire it as most of you say to do.

I will just ignore all the variable blower speed tables of heat mode vs cool mode showing different cfm speeds.

Post Likes
    Attached Images Attached Images   

13. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    thank you!!! finally ... READ number 7!!! (set from factory with one set of HEATING AND one set of COOLING speeds)

and how does the AH know if its in heat or cool???????? anyone explain this one to me????????

Two tables one for heat one for cooling, which table does a variable AH choose if it doesnt know if your cooling or heating???

Am I really the only person here who thinks that the only orange wire coming off the ECU "O" tells the unit this?

Post Likes
    thank you!!! finally ... READ number 7!!! (set from factory with one set of HEATING AND one set of COOLING speeds)

and how does the AH know if its in heat or cool???????? anyone explain this one to me????????

Two tables one for heat one for cooling, which table does a variable AH choose if it doesnt know if your cooling or heating???

Am I really the only person here who thinks that the only orange wire coming off the ECU "O" tells the unit this?
    Yeah you are.

Sorry bud. But

You gone learn today!!!

Think for a second. Were the Y & W wires connected to the board?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

16. Likes brainsboy, BALloyd liked this post.
    Post Likes
    It knows ( control board ) which speeds from the Orange being used by the thermostat.

18. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH, brainsboy liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Ceaseactech

Yes sir I believe they were

Post Likes
    VTP99 Your saying the AH knows which speed tables from the Orange wire from thermostat?

Post Likes
    Well I can't see how the control board is configured internally.
    But from looking at the schematic my conclusion is this.....
    In cooling mode R & G and R & Y and R & O are all energized. The fan control board knows that O is energized and energizes either the orange or blue wire going to the ecm motor.
    Obviously in heating mode O is not energized and once again the control board knows this and switches to the opposite speeds.

SOV = Switch Over Valve

22. Likes brainsboy, CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Ok, wait a minute, back the truck up. Where are we trying to get to? As I understood from the start of this thread you just wanted to energize the RV in heat instead of cool. now we are talking speed change on the blower. At the end of the day what do you want to accomplish?

24. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Ok, wait a minute, back the truck up. Where are we trying to get to? As I understood from the start of this thread you just wanted to energize the RV in heat instead of cool. now we are talking speed change on the blower. At the end of the day what do you want to accomplish?
    Here is what i want.

In cool mode i want to energize ah "o" and not energize Rv "o" to condenser.

In heat i want to not energize ah"o" and energize Rv "o" on condenser

The issue is some of you think "o" is dead on airhandler and im wasting time. Just wire for the rv and be done with it. As one person pointed out by schematic that the ah "o" does need to be wired correctly for blower speed based on heat vs cool.

Post Likes
    On the Trane TEM units, the EEV profile is based on the "O" input from the thermostat. PLUS the ECM blower needs to see "O" for its cooling profile. Does not matter if communicating or 24v system. "O" tells the EEV to control superheat, while no "O" tells the EEV to open up for heating operations.
    You do realize that the air handler doesn’t care if the RV is energized or not.
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

27. Likes VTP99, CEAS-AC-TECH, ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I have worked with a lot of these, both in the field and doing working in the Trane product test lab. If "O" is not seen by the AH AFC, then the EEV board will default to heat mode, even when in cooling. Trane my not publish this in the manual, as the manual instructs you to wire "O" to the AFC control board.
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

29. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    See post #2 thermostat with both o and b terminals. I'm still sayin it's a bad idea to not match HP and AH in the first place, but hey it's just one old guy's opinion.

31. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast