Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Saying Goodbye

Post Likes
    Thanks for the job well done.
    Here's wishing the sun shines on you in your sunshine years
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

2. Likes Dad liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I don't think we've had much opportunity (or you've been forced to) cross paths as I live on the Dark Side for the most part. Regardless, I've seen you mostly everywhere in here at some point or another.

Thanks for doing the thankless job and keeping this site up and rolling. It's because of the efforts of people like you that people like me have an opportunity to learn what to do and not to do.

Shiny side up!

4. Likes Dad liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thank you for all the years of service to this site, hears to the future endeavors.
    Sent from the van with the a/c on.

6. Likes Dad liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Whoa! Just found this thread. Kinda difficult to imagine this place without Dad around. I was thinking about retiring a few years back, and learned one thing. You need a plan, I didn't have one, but sounds like you do!

Rock on !!
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

8. Likes R600a, Dad liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thanks for all the comments and well wishes. This is actually the last of my jobs to retire from. I sold my business in 2018 and retired from one other shortly after. So, I'm getting used to sleeping in and doing what I want which is what prompted me to now retire and pass the buck, I mean baton, to someone else to enjoy.

Who that person is has not been solidified just yet but the person in mind would do a good job and let you talk or should I say in some cases "talk it out". A good admin knows the difference when to interfere and redirect or just leave things alone. I believe the FNG has that ability. More on that later...

My old account.... well, yes, I guess I was the first rule breaker on having multiple accounts but it was for the site not for me. I may return to it or may not. Really shouldn't make a difference.

You OG's remember what this place used to be back in the day. Thanks to the Moderators and Committee Members that rough period has been fairly smoothed out. We have added much content to this site for educational purposes, have found and lost sponsors. The owners made a promise in 2005 to keep this site free of charge for everyone to use. They could have monetized us so much more easily to help pay for the place. We've had software errors, server crashes that included complete hard drive corruption and data deletions but somehow managed to save HTalk with one miracle after another. We now have a secure server and dedicated IT to keep us free of defects and daily backups.

With these weird days past and more coming please be patient and professional at all times for me. I am not leaving just stepping down.

Post Likes
    https://youtu.be/hP21b-AAXJk

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

11. Likes Dad liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Ah man you sound like a legend

Post Likes
    I'm an OG. No one knows my name. Anti-Cheers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    I'm an OG. No one knows my name. Anti-Cheers.
    To be an OG you must have respect from your peers, have a good personality and give to the site.

You can't claim OG status. The title is given not claimed. Not Sorry...

15. Likes Dad, mofotech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thank you, good luck, and ENJOY!
    In honor of RichardL: "Ain't 'None' of us as smart as 'All' of us".

17. Likes Dad liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I want you to remember that eventually your whole life will flash before your eyes in an instant. It's never too early or too late to make it worth watching.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Hey everyone.

After 20 years on this forum, this is not my original account, 16 of them working here it is time I pass the baton to someone else. I am working on the "FNG" so you guys be sure to razzzz OK?

It was an honor working behind the scenes for you doing my best to keep this the #1 HVAC/R site in the world and I am proudly leaving it still in that position because of each of you. I told someone that being an Admin here is not about the hours but the commitment that it takes to be here checking in and greasing the wheels everyday... doing PM so to speak. Details of what would be a long and distinguished list.

At the end of this month we shall have a new Admin so I can take my retired position deeper into the bliss. I want to travel nationally and internationally... I want to do more in my community. I'm an avid PGR member so to be able to ramp that up will tickle my heart... standing for those who stood for us is not just a saying. Having a laptop chained to my hip is just something I do not want to do in my last years. Am sure each of you can understand.

I love this community. I may be harsh sometimes however it to me was always best for the membership. I do not work for the owners I work for you.

So with all that in mind... Thank each of you for allowing me to stand guard, refresh software errors and give some of you hell.

Yeah... that is me on the bottom left.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of Thinking

19. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH, Dad, Robb M., Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Dad !
    Best of luck, thanks for everything and I mean Everything !
    Vaya con Dios, Amigo !

I can't wait to see "Lusker" show up again some day.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    You cannot protect the Stupid from themselves !
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

21. Likes Dad liked this post.
    Post Likes

23. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    ... you are one of many. I'll leave the rest to the imagination.
    If we made it easy anyone could have done it😇

25. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH, Dad, BALloyd, Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Dad, this board is a success because of YOU. Nobody else could have done what you did while running a business or more. We sure owe you so you could travel the country and not have to pay for beer if you holler at the HT member in the area

We still need to have a get together since we don't have Comfortechs anymore.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    To be an OG you must have respect from your peers, have a good personality and give to the site.

You can't claim OG status. The title is given not claimed. Not Sorry...

All of the above. Lol.

Post Likes
    Thanks, Dad, for your commitment and service over the years. You will be missed. Traveling sounds like the perfect next step! What a great plan!

29. Likes Dad liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thank you for all your great work keeping the site running smooth, plus the great personal assistance when we needed it. Awesome job well done.

31. Likes Dad, vin lashon, BBeerme liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thanks Dad. Your efforts have made possible for me to continue something that began long ago. May you always have the wind at your back.
    After you learn refrigeration, fixing an A/C is like a walk in a park under shade trees

33. Likes Dad liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thanks for insulating us from all the corporate BS, while protecting the integrity of the site....and ensuring it will continue long into the future!

Good luck old man, keep the shiny side up!!

35. Likes Dad, Zamoramax, BBeerme liked this post.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast