+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I calibrate the temperature on my Valor Plus Remote?

Post Likes

How do I calibrate the temperature on my Valor Plus Remote?

Is there a way to calibrate the temperature on my Valor Plus remote? It operates correctly however I believe the temperature is not accurate. With the fireplace off the remote reads 74 deg and my Ecobee thermostat which is 5 ft away reads 66 deg.

I have ordered an infrared temperature gun to measure the temp to see what it really should be but I do not see any information to calibrate the temperature sensor on the Valor Plus remote.

Any ideas?

Post Likes
    Most mfrs. publish hysteresis of about 3 degrees F on these remotes. They use cheap thermistors so don't ask for too much from them. Check with the mfr. Otherwise, simply set it 8 degrees over what temp you desire.

Post Likes
    The handheld remote has the temp sensor in it. What is it near? Place it on the wall directly beside your furnace stat and get a separate thermometer to compare. Both may be slightly out.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in