Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N 4.10

Post Likes
    So JWS is officially dead now, at least with Lynxspring? This is a real question, does it end up costing the end user money if they bought a JACE-8000 with version 4.7 or something like that, now a short time later we have to tell them there are major security vulnerabilities? I haven't had to upgrade anyone yet, so I'm wondering if we just get patches from a rep and then install under the SMA, or customer has to pay all over again for a "major version upgrade", etc.

Just seems like a hard sell to me. If I'm the end user, especially one who just bought a "new and improved" version only to see it have BACnet mstp issues, what can you trust?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by controls21 View Post
    bought a JACE-8000 with version 4.7 or something like that, now a short time later we have to tell them there are major security vulnerabilities? ?
    NWL has been around since N4.4u3 far as I can tell. Did they support both JWS & NWL 4.4 thru 4.9?
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by controls21 View Post
    I haven't had to upgrade anyone yet, so I'm wondering if we just get patches from a rep and then install under the SMA, or customer has to pay all over again for a "major version upgrade", etc.
    If the SMA is active, you refresh the license and it comes up allowing an upgrade to the latest version of Niagara. Commission it to that or any other rev covered by the license, and you are good, no further cost incurred.
    Even a JACE installed at 4.7 with the minimum 1 year SMA will likely have a license going to 4.8, or 4.9.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12