Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N 4.10

Post Likes

N 4.10

So looking at the marketing wank for 4.10, it seems its all about tagging.

How many of you folks using the built in tagging? Having that brought to the webui certainly wouldn't be on my top 100 things I would like to see happen.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    I didn't even see that, I'm just glad 4.9U1 is out. Now I gotta test to see if all those BACnet mstp issues are resolved.

3. Likes bigguy158, Pascone10 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Niagara 4.10 Feature Sneak Peak
    Introducing the HTML5 Tag Manager
    The new HTML5 Tag Manager provides a modern, intuitive design which makes tagging easier to deploy and comprehend. This new enhancement streamlines the overall tagging workflow through features such as bulk tagging via a browser, context sensitive tagging, seamlessly viewing direct and implied tags, exporting all tags to a spreadsheet for templating and ongoing management, drag-n-drop functionality, and more!

Our new enhanced tagging workflow and improved user experience will quickly help you get the job done right
    • Enables the bulk tagging of components via an enriched HTML5 Browser Interface
    • Drag-n-drop functionality
    • Seamlessly view direct and implied tags
    • Export all direct and implied component tags to a spreadsheet for templating and ongoing management
    • Integration with the Niagara Search Service
    • Added as a default view on all station components for enhanced flexibility
    Harness the power of tagging in your Niagara stations
    • Enables the analysis of large quantities of disparate data
    • Provides essential insight into your building systems and equipment operation
    • Eliminates the inherent issues associated with bespoke point naming schemas
    • Conformity with Division 25 and the prospective ASHRAE Standard 223P
    Join this TridiumTalk to learn more about this exciting Niagara 4.10 feature!

Date
    February 11, 2021

Time
    11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (New York, UTC-05:00)

REGISTER

Product Manager Stephen Holicky and Advanced Software Engineer Andy Sutton will review how to save valuable time tagging your Niagara stations. Through this demonstration, participants will be able to gain an understanding of how to use the new HTML Tag Manager along with several tips to on how to improve your overall tagging workflow.
    Be sure to register today to attend the TridiumTalk on how this feature can make tagging easier to deploy and comprehend across your Niagara stations.
    A Q&A session follows.

Be sure to register today! Visit our events page to watch recordings of past TridiumTalks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by digo View Post
    I didn't even see that, I'm just glad 4.9U1 is out. Now I gotta test to see if all those BACnet mstp issues are resolved.
    I have also been waiting for 4.9 to get patched. Please let the peanut gallery know how it looks.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    The thing I keep harping on is the whole point of tagging is the interoperability. So, being niagara I'm expecting the haystack API to be implemented at some point if it isn't already.

ALC just pulled the same thing in v8 with tagging and you get the deer in headlights look when you ask for API access. Why would you ever want that?? "Because we don't want your cloud analytics" doesn't go over really well. Hopefully a matter of time...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    The thing I keep harping on is the whole point of tagging is the interoperability. So, being niagara I'm expecting the haystack API to be implemented at some point if it isn't already.
    They support the haystack dictionary but you cannot use smart tags with it, so its rather pointless imo. AX had a haystack jar that did support their API of memory. Not sure that's available in N4.

Even then, using outside analytics typically have their own ways of tagging which kinda negates tagging within Tridium.

Far as interoperability, tagging seems to have some fundamental issues. Installing contractor unless required isn't going to do this unless they have a need for it. WTF would they do the extra work for someone else? Even if they have a need for it, it seems they have made it a bigger hassle to use haystack vs a custom dictionary so your still most likely left sorting things out as if it wasn't tagged.

Post Likes
    I have tested multiple BACnet MSTP networks with the new version and am happy to say that so far 4.9U1 seems to have corrected the issues.

9. Likes y7turbo, numbawunfela, bigguy158, digo, Cheskito liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    I have also been waiting for 4.9 to get patched. Please let the peanut gallery know how it looks.
    Upgraded a JACE-8000 last night with a of bunch of Delta DVC_304 Vavs
    Firmware Rev 189697
    App SW V3.40
    Protocol version 1
    Protocol Revision 6

These had all gone offline with 4.9.0.198
    Glad to report 4.9U1 fixed that problem.

Post Likes
    Its not just a patch right? Fixed version is 4.9.1.30?

Now how long before hw pushes this out... Had a site full of spudders go all offline after upgrade and quickly rolled back. Have to wonder what testing they really do in Tridium not to catch this.

Post Likes
    These had all gone offline with 4.9.0.198
    Thanks for the update! I really love the feedback of early adopters. You brave fellows make me look smart. Hehe
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Yeah, not just a patch.
    4.9U1 is a whole new build. For a JACE, it includes an updated NRE core (low level mstp drivers were updated), new JRE (updated from 1.8.0.252.235 to 1.8.0.272.259), new QNX dist (from 4.9.0.128 to 4.9.1.18)
    So yeah, it's a full recommissioning of the JACE.

As for modules, everything in the release is 4.9.1.30, except bacnet-rt.jar went a step further.
    bacnet-rt.jar 4.9.1.30.1

14. Likes y7turbo, wmgrace liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    I really love the feedback of early adopters.
    At my last job I always waited for U1 builds. Kind of reminds of service pack 1 for any Windows build.
    This time I had no choice - 4.8 had its own problems and security assessments pushed us in the direction of 4.9
    Now I have a ton of JACEs to upgrade again.

Post Likes
    Digo, did you have to adjust the txThrottle at all or did just upgrading to 4.9u1 fix your problem?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wmgrace View Post
    Digo, did you have to adjust the txThrottle at all or did just upgrading to 4.9u1 fix your problem?
    The upgrade solved the problem at the one site with a bunch of old Delta mstp controllers

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

18. Likes wmgrace liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The upgrade solved the problem at the one site with a bunch of old Delta mstp controllers

Just got 4.10 yesterday, and wouldn't you know it, I couldn't deploy it because of an issue with the vykonPro modules. Turned out that version numbers were appended to the end of the module name, which just royally confused Workbench. It refused to commission a station using those modules or to install them through the software manager because it said the version of vykonPro-rt had to be >= 4.10

After a re-install and a lot of digging I found that -4.10.0.24 had been appended to all the vykonPro modules in the N4 supervisor download they published. Removing the version numbers and restarting Workbench allowed me to update the stations and commission new JACEs.

Hope this saves someone else from hours of headaches.

20. Likes VAEngineer, numbawunfela liked this post.
    Post Likes
    This Thursday’s Tridium talk on N4.10.

Description: This TridiumTalk will provide an overview of UxMedia, the new PX media type introduced in Niagara 4.10, which enables you to create a modern performant user interface while drastically improving your graphical development experience. UxMedia adopts the latest UI development principles to streamline your overall UI workflow process and to empower you to create that cutting-edge user experience that truly delights customers.

Enables an improved end user experience
    - Faster graphics load time by removing the rendering and layout from the JACE and shifting it to the browser
    - UxMedia widgets provides immediate feedback upon value changes

Fosters an enriched modern developer environment
    - Utilize rich sets of open-source development tools to enable a native HTML5 and JavaScript UI that is more flexible and adaptable to future cloud-based solutions
    - UI development process is more efficient since evaluating widget changes does not require a module rebuild and a station restart - just hit refresh in the browser to try out the new behavior!
    - Instantaneously convert existing PX Graphics to utilize UxMedia via the PxMediaMigrator and the browser-native Audition Mode.

Product Manager Stephen Holicky and Sr. Software Engineer Logan Byam will provide an overview of how UxMedia can improve your graphical visualizations in Niagara. Participants will take away an understanding of how to use UxMedia to achieve faster graphics loading time, as well as how you can easily convert your existing PX graphics to a contemporary UI via a built-in migration tool!

Be sure to register today to attend the TridiumTalk on how this feature can improve your end user’s visual experience in Niagara. A Q&A session follows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes

N 4.10

https://youtu.be/ObfVX6LM9PY

Here is the recording.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    N 4.11 rumors already;

Michael.Smith (Tridium, Inc.)

Hi @rmcelhinney (Customer)​ . Thanks for checking in on this thread.

We have not begun releasing 4.11 enhancement information yet. However, I will "unofficially" say that the community can look forward to Ubuntu Desktop 20.04 LTS support with the release of 4.11.

Thanks to all from the great feedback on this topic!
    https://www.niagara-community.com/0D...=1617108200303

Post Likes
    Vykon released 4.9U1 a while ago, Distech recently released ECNet 4.9U1, nothing from Webs yet.

Post Likes
    Good thing I stumbled on to NiagaraWebLauncher and like it.

Niagara Framework JNLP/Web Start Vulnerability Fix

April 9, 2021

Attention Lynxspring Technology and Business Partners:

Tridium has identified a vulnerability related to Java Network Launch Protocol (JNLP), a component used in Java Web Start, in the versions listed in the table below. As a result, support for Java Web Start and the associated Niagara Applet has been removed with the patched versions listed in this bulletin. These patches also include a new security control which was added to the Web Service to provide additional validation of the HTTP Host Header field.

Lynxspring and Tridium announced that support for Java Web Start was going to be phased out in February 2019.  At that time, we advised customers to use other options. Now, due to the discovery of the JNLP vulnerability, it is imperative that customers migrate off Java Web Start as soon as possible. Java Web Start support was removed from Niagara 4.9, so these newer releases are not impacted by this vulnerability. Niagara 4.10 is not impacted by this vulnerability and already has the patched functionality included in the release.

Regarding the new security control added to the Web Service, Tridium's Niagara developers have added the ability to validate the 'Host' header for incoming HTTP/S requests to a Niagara station. Disabled by default, Host Header Security Control can be enabled in the Web Service > Host Header Validation Settings. Once enabled, any incoming HTTP/S request will have its 'Host' header validated against the comma-separated list specified in the Host Header Validation Settings > Valid Host Headers. In addition to the items specified in the list, the various local IP addresses corresponding to the station will also be considered valid. Any request that does not pass validation will be rejected with a 400 error.

Please continue to use Niagara Web Launcher for viewing any WbWebProfiles.

Recommended Action

Lynxspring recommends adopting the patches identified or upgrading to Niagara 4.10. In addition to applying the patches, Lynxspring recommends enabling the new Host Header Security Control (Host Header Validation) in the Web Service.

These updates are available for download at resources.lynxspring.com. Please refer to the readme.txt file in the download for installation instructions. If you encounter any issues in patching your systems, please contact our Support Team at support@lynxspring.com.

Please note that Niagara 4.10 is available for all JENEsys® PC 8000 Controllers. Lynxspring's JENEsys Edge Controllers are still being tested and we expect Niagara 4.10 to be available in a couple of weeks.
    Mitigation

In addition to updating your system, Lynxspring recommends customers with affected products take the following steps to protect themselves:

Review and validate the list of users who are authorized and who can authenticate to Niagara.
    Allow only trained and trusted persons to have physical access to the system, including devices that have connection to the system though the Ethernet port.
    If remote connections to the network are required, consider using a VPN or other means to ensure secure remote connections into the network where the system is located.

Cybersecurity is a priority at Lynxspring, and we endeavor to ensure that you have immediate access to security patches published by Tridium and from our own Engineers.

Thank you for your continued business and support.

Marc Petock
    Chief Marketing & Communications Officer
    Lynxspring, Inc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast