Thread: Mobile home hackery.

Post Likes

Mobile home hackery.

Someone installed this in place of a concentrically vented mobile home unit.
    It is quite the CO distribution system.
    The return is tiny. It never worked but the owner was not able to afford anything after wasting money on this so they just use window units.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Beautiful!
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

3. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    WTF..does the unit have the ability to cook baked beans?lollll i love ur post r600a..

5. Likes dieseldude, dbacmc, VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mofotech View Post
    WTF..does the unit have the ability to cook baked beans?lollll i love ur post r600a..
    I'm not sure why they're storing a can of baked beans there it does add to the to the amusement though. I think that's something like a 12x12 return grille for a three ton. I'm not totally sure what the tonnage it is but definitely undersized by several multiples.
    The worst part about it is that if you close that utility room and run that furnace I don't think that inducer motor has enough power to draft and it'll either roll out or leak exhaust. the sad thing is they discovered that soon after it was installed but they couldn't get the installer to do anything as I'm not sure he was actually licensed. So they've had a fairly new air conditioner for years but they've been having to use window units instead.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    I'm not sure why they're storing a can of baked beans there it does add to the to the amusement though. I think that's something like a 12x12 return grille for a three ton. I'm not totally sure what the tonnage it is but definitely undersized by several multiples.
    The worst part about it is that if you close that utility room and run that furnace I don't think that inducer motor has enough power to draft and it'll either roll out or leak exhaust. the sad thing is they discovered that soon after it was installed but they couldn't get the installer to do anything as I'm not sure he was actually licensed. So they've had a fairly new air conditioner for years but they've been having to use window units instead.

That is so damn sad. Why do people pay people when they can clearly see the unit isnt even working. 12x12 grill will only do 288 cfms. If its doing more then that I bet its loud as hell.

8. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    unbelievable
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

Post Likes
    I will say they only paid a tad over equipment price so they got what they paid for.

Post Likes
    Lol wtf! Were you able to get it to some what work at least?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpingram55 View Post
    Lol wtf! Were you able to get it to some what work at least?
    No i was there to help get them hot water because they had a 4800 watt water heater on a 20 amp breaker and the breaker tripped.

Post Likes
    I will say they only paid a tad over equipment price so they got what they paid for.

You need to red tag it, disable it, and note it on your ticket. You're the last one there so it is your responsibility to either make it safe or shut it down. It sucks for the homeowner but they made the decision to get a hack installation.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Site member map HERE!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    You need to red tag it, disable it, and note it on your ticket. You're the last one there so it is your responsibility to either make it safe or shut it down. It sucks for the homeowner but they made the decision to get a hack installation.
    I wasn't working on it but they have not used it in years. My boss disabled it years ago. I already knew about it so I got a picture while I was there to post here. I was not working for them. They are friends and I was just helping them figure out the hot water situation. They ended up having an electrician out to fix the problem with the water heater.

Post Likes
    I wasn't working on it but they have not used it in years. My boss disabled it years ago. I already knew about it so I got a picture while I was there to post here. I was not working for them. They are friends and I was just helping them figure out the hot water situation. They ended up having an electrician out to fix the problem with the water heater.

Good. I hope they got a safe form of heat. It's a bummer to see that sort of work but we have to think of what may happen after we leave.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Site member map HERE!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Good. I hope they got a safe form of heat. It's a bummer to see that sort of work but we have to think of what may happen after we leave.
    Yep. They are using heat cool window units until they can afford having us do a change out.

Post Likes
    Itís no wonder we have an uphill climb to get over the idea people have of us as crooks. I feel bad for them and and Iím sure they didnít know they would be getting a fíd up install when they hired the people but thatís they way it goes. Most times I would like to choke an inspector,then at times like this I wish there would have been an inspector to fail the ef out of this company so their feet were held to the fire a little more to try and get em to fix it. Of course they donít have the money to take that company to court and have something done about it somehow. Thatís very sad bud.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurst11 View Post
    Itís no wonder we have an uphill climb to get over the idea people have of us as crooks. I feel bad for them and and Iím sure they didnít know they would be getting a fíd up install when they hired the people but thatís they way it goes. Most times I would like to choke an inspector,then at times like this I wish there would have been an inspector to fail the ef out of this company so their feet were held to the fire a little more to try and get em to fix it. Of course they donít have the money to take that company to court and have something done about it somehow. Thatís very sad bud.
    This is in an inspected area so if he was still in business we would invite the inspector out to take a look but he is no longer in business.

Post Likes
    This is in an inspected area so if he was still in business we would invite the inspector out to take a look but he is no longer in business.

What a shame bub

20. Likes R600a liked this post.