Thread: Diakin Training?

Post Likes

Diakin Training?

Was supposed to do the Daikin WMC chiller class in Virginia last spring but the Covid cancelled the class all year.

Now they have changed the training to online/virtual. Just the last 2 days in person.

Wondering has anyone been thru there virtual training? Is it worth the money?

I have had several guys tell me how good the 5day in person class is. I kind of believe this type of training should be in person, but would like to hear if anyone has any comments on the new format?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Yeah I went about 4 years ago and thought at that time that they shoved 7 days in 5 days, a lot to try to retain. Can't imagine doing it virtually.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzard9500 View Post
    Was supposed to do the Daikin WMC chiller class in Virginia last spring but the Covid cancelled the class all year.

Now they have changed the training to online/virtual. Just the last 2 days in person.

Wondering has anyone been thru there virtual training? Is it worth the money?

I have had several guys tell me how good the 5day in person class is. I kind of believe this type of training should be in person, but would like to hear if anyone has any comments on the new format?

Thanks
    I wouldn't doubt that I would learn more, if I wasn't sitting in a room full of ppl, with the several ppl that just insist on interrupting every other minute.
    Or is it like a room full of ppl, all on an app like corporations are, like zoom?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    "If you cant describe what you are doing as a process, you dont know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Post Likes
    I cant keep on the screen for virtual stuff. I put in on the laptop screen but then Im always on my phone doing something. I am the type that needs to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I did the wdc class a few years ago. I like to be in person to interact with the instructor...and I'm the guy interrupting evey 5 minutes.

If I'm spending the money and the time, I'm going to suck every last tidbit of info out of them. And that's easier in person I think.

I'm sure they haven't changed the prices either. It costs them way less to do an online course....that cost should be passed on to the students.

Post Likes
    I have taken the WME Chiller Training. Never did get my DALC ID#.

Post Likes
    If within the last couple of years, send an email request.

Post Likes
    don't forget, they changed the time frame now. your "training" is only good for 2 years, then you have to reattend for support.

the one time I called after taking EHSX's class, the guy didn't even care about the number. He wasn't much help anyway, but still, I expected it to be a little more "valuable"....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    don't forget, they changed the time frame now. your "training" is only good for 2 years, then you have to reattend for support.

the one time I called after taking EHSX's class, the guy didn't even care about the number. He wasn't much help anyway, but still, I expected it to be a little more "valuable"....
    Really? I thought Liebert was short-lived at 3 years.

Post Likes
    If you remember the trainers first and last name you can email them

example: Daikin.training@daikinapplied.com

Otherwise just email erica.burkheimer@daikinapplied.com and ask her how to get it. She's the interior training coordinator for Daikin Applied in Minnesota and will know who to contact.