Thread: IVU 8

Post Likes

IVU 8

Ivu 8 will be a pro version only. its 64 bit.

Coolest thing is the built in commission tool.

Also
    Thermo graphics (svg graphics)
    runs on java 11
    opens all microblocks in snap
    custom microblocks and added tools

There is a life science version for FDA21 CFR part 11 certifications (by a license) Insane cost

in the works is a cloud based version and secure bacnet

Post Likes
    Due to Oracle licensing changes they ditched Oracle java and switched to AdoptOpenJDK's OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 11.0.7+10. That one thing is a huge headache for the developers and lead to a lot of weird things breaking we've never seen before. I'm still having problems with iOS devices, like selecting a user in the list to make changes. Everywhere that type of list view is used it's broken.

I can't believe we got this far and ivu didn't have thermographics, that's one of the first things I did in superset conversions.

3. Likes carrierap liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    I can't believe we got this far and ivu didn't have thermographics, that's one of the first things I did in superset conversions.
    We finally got the new graphics that ALC has had with v7.0. It was an update to ViewBuilder, it was not included. They said it is included with VB v8.0.

With v8.0 of Snap they say we finally get the entire programming blocks Eikon has. Waiting to see if we get what they state is for all controllers (old/new) when available at the end of the month.

They have released a few Eikon blocks over the years but they were limited like Sunrise/Sunset & OCL. OCL was only available for us to use in a PSM-MPC, which was based on the OPN-MPC to replace the older CCN ChillerVisor Carrier had Pre-ALC to manage 3+ chillers. Sunrise/Sunset would not go into a controller, had to be a Link.

They gave us the Airflow block with the programable VAV controller, but it was only for the programmable vav controllers. It could not be used in any other controller, which does not help with a DOAS where you need an app controller as the vav controllers only has one AO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Post Likes
    So I noticed that the 8.0 Tools were available as a download; has anyone used the new 8.0 Snap and 8.0 View builder to update version i-Vu 5.1, or 6.0 or 7.0 Snap programs and Viewbuilder graphics?
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dracula View Post
    So I noticed that the 8.0 Tools were available as a download; has anyone used the new 8.0 Snap and 8.0 View builder to update version i-Vu 5.1, or 6.0 or 7.0 Snap programs and Viewbuilder graphics?
    tools 8 is available on the 26th so it not been tried unless you were part of the beta team.

we asked this question during the presentation. You can take tools 8 snap and VB and put them on older controllers. The question wasn't asked how far back on I-VU they would work. it will on 7, that was said. Versions older then 7 of IVU aren't getting any new updates. May need to sell them an upgrade if it doesn't work.

Remember the thermal graphics are a pro only feature.

Post Likes
    This sounds great. I am still working in 6.5. Are the create your own microblock included?
    I created a time limited override microblock just to see if I could but of course I can't use it on 6.5.

Post Likes
    yes create your own is included

9. Likes Paul Benkovitz liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool breeze 38 View Post
    Ivu 8 will be a pro version only. its 64 bit.
    I missed this at the start but does this basically mean no more Small Form Factor servers? Is there different licensing sizes like WebCTRL has so they can scale the software cost up and down with the size of the sight?

Post Likes
    I missed this at the start but does this basically mean no more Small Form Factor servers? Is there different licensing sizes like WebCTRL has so they can scale the software cost up and down with the size of the sight?
    5,32,750, unlimited

Post Likes
    i-Vu Pro has been 64-bit since v7.0. They are still offering the appliances in v7.0, not v8.0. The did not say they would be discontinued.

The issue is with going from Java 8 to Java 11 in the coding. The Linux operating system appears to not support Java 11. They are not sure how to resolve the issue so leaving the appliances at v7.0. They did not have a resolution to expect one anytime soon. The did mentioned to hopefully with v9.0.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Balibe View Post
    i-Vu Pro has been 64-bit since v7.0. They are still offering the appliances in v7.0, not v8.0. The did not say they would be discontinued.

The issue is with going from Java 8 to Java 11 in the coding. The Linux operating system appears to not support Java 11. They are not sure how to resolve the issue so leaving the appliances at v7.0. They did not have a resolution to expect one anytime soon. The did mentioned to hopefully with v9.0.
    More specifically they moved to openJDK for legal and licensing reasons. Thanks Oracle.

As far as Linux goes that doesn’t seem to be holding back the WebCTRL side, we had Linux builds all through the betas and the 10GB ISO I downloaded this morning included the Linux version as a final release. There is quite a bit different in the ivu appliance than throwing webctrl on Ubuntu though.

Post Likes
    More specifically they moved to openJDK for legal and licensing reasons. Thanks Oracle.

As far as Linux goes that doesn’t seem to be holding back the WebCTRL side, we had Linux builds all through the betas and the 10GB ISO I downloaded this morning included the Linux version as a final release. There is quite a bit different in the ivu appliance than throwing webctrl on Ubuntu though.
    They didn't mention the change to openJDK to us, only the java change. We have never had Linux builds, only builds for Windows. Typical for our side.

I wonder sometimes who bought who

15. Likes Cool breeze 38 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I liked how they threw the 9.0 guess in there.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Balibe View Post
    I wonder sometimes who bought who
    Carrier dictates they want a highly specific and customized version of a product another organization makes. I'm really only aware of WebCTRL, iVu, and SiteScan variants. I've seen OEM mentioned here or there but I don't think they actually sell software licenses. SiteScan is pretty much dead it seems, Liebert built Trellis with their software partners they purchased and it focuses on DCIM much more than SiteScan can.

Post Likes
    I dont think Oem has any front end items. The controllers dont have graphics either.

Carrier dictates they want a highly specific and customized version of a product another organization makes. I'm really only aware of WebCTRL, iVu, and SiteScan variants. I've seen OEM mentioned here or there but I don't think they actually sell software licenses. SiteScan is pretty much dead it seems, Liebert built Trellis with their software partners they purchased and it focuses on DCIM much more than SiteScan can.