Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tea anyone?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    If you have never had Sun Tea it has a flavor you can never get through conventional brewing. You drink it over ice so that may be why you have never had it as didn't you say you only drink hot tea.
    Make 2 gallons a week in the summer. Only way to make iced tea!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    Make 2 gallons a week in the summer. Only way to make iced tea!!!

So will you share your secrets to a perfect Sun Tea

3. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes

Tea anyone?

So will you share your secrets to a perfect Sun Tea
    Honestly there is no secret. Buy the tea bags. I think my wife bought Kroger brand iced tea last time. I have a little one gallon clear plastic container with a spout on the bottom. Throw 2 bags in fill it with water and set in the sun for about an hour. Then put in the fridge. I set mine on the table on the patio out back.

In the winter Ill drink a whole pot of coffee each day. In summer Ill have 2-3 cups then fill a 32oz cup on the way out.

Post Likes
    I don't know, maybe it is the MMCC that has changed the Sun or the Tea is absorbing too much carbon when it is growing but we can not seem to get the same flavor out of sun tea that we used to. We put 4 bags in a gallon jug with a plastic lid and left it out form noon till around 5 and it really didn't have much flavor.

Post Likes
    I don't know, maybe it is the MMCC that has changed the Sun or the Tea is absorbing too much carbon when it is growing but we can not seem to get the same flavor out of sun tea that we used to. We put 4 bags in a gallon jug with a plastic lid and left it out form noon till around 5 and it really didn't have much flavor.
    That article I posted says to use one normal tea bag per cup so 16 per gallon.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

Post Likes

This is what I have in the cabinet. It does me just fine I reckon.

Im not a Huge tea snob so I dont know if I could tell you good from bad tea.

8. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    That article I posted says to use one normal tea bag per cup so 16 per gallon.

yeah I know but we put out Tea a few weeks ago with 6 bags and it was too strong for the little woman. She said it really wasn't that strong but had a bitter flavor. I don't know, just tryin to figur it out.

I don't know if it matters but we have been using Lipton.

I want to try some loose leaf using a coffee filter as a holder, maybe this weekend. That will be a trick to figure out how much to use there.

Post Likes
    yeah I know but we put out Tea a few weeks ago with 6 bags and it was too strong for the little woman. She said it really wasn't that strong but had a bitter flavor. I don't know, just tryin to figur it out.

I don't know if it matters but we have been using Lipton.

I want to try some loose leaf using a coffee filter as a holder, maybe this weekend. That will be a trick to figure out how much to use there.
    I would recommend trying Lipton loose leaf black tea. My Walmart sells it for $5 a pound which is an excellent price and it is very good tea with not a lot of the bitter flavor that I don't tend to like myself either.

Post Likes
    Maybe try less time? I use two of those bags and only let it sit about an hour out in the sun.

12. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I'm going to read this article tonight but I have found that this website has never steered me wrong so I expect this is a good recipe even though it is not traditional. Quite a few of my wife's most famous recipes are from this site. And she is by the way one of the best cooks ever.

https://drinks.seriouseats.com/2012/...is-better.html

I find that the guy that wrote this article is one of the best in the food industry.
    If you haven't read the article I highly recommend it because he made many gallons of tea and compared side by side to come up with his recommendation.
    He is a food scientist and I follow many of his methods and recipes because they always get good results.
    Often following his methods I end up making dishes on my first try that impress people who have been making them for decades following tradition and handed down recipes.
    I will be making some of his recipe for "sun" tea in the next few days and I will report back.

Post Likes
    I find that the guy that wrote this article is one of the best in the food industry.
    If you haven't read the article I highly recommend it because he made many gallons of tea and compared side by side to come up with his recommendation.
    He is a food scientist and I follow many of his methods and recipes because they always get good results.
    Often following his methods I end up making dishes on my first try that impress people who have been making them for decades following tradition and handed down recipes.
    I will be making some of his recipe for "sun" tea in the next few days and I will report back.

It was a well put together article.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

15. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I would recommend trying Lipton loose leaf black tea. My Walmart sells it for $5 a pound which is an excellent price and it is very good tea with not a lot of the bitter flavor that I don't tend to like myself either.

I have some. We have Ninja tea and coffee brewer. I like the loose leaf tea in that. Thought I would try the loose leaf in a coffee filter hanging off the top of the jar with the lid holding it in place.

Post Likes
    My wife made me some with lipton black loose leaf following ghat recipe I posted but let it steep over night and it was excellent. Not bitter and a wonderful floral black tea flavor.

Post Likes
    My wife made me some with lipton black loose leaf following ghat recipe I posted but let it steep over night and it was excellent. Not bitter and a wonderful floral black tea flavor.

That not ghat. Dang fat fingers.

Post Likes
    I made some loose leaf Black Saturday, it is not too bad but could have used a bit more tea. I filled a gallon glass jar, put a coffee filter in the top (cone style) put a large measure of tea in the filter and set it in the sun. Next time I will use 1 large measure and one small (2 small make up 1 large or so it seems).

20. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    i put two of those kroger black tea bags in a gallon pitcher yesterday and set on the picnic table out back for a few hours. been a while since i had cold tea. was a nice change. again, im not up to date on my teas so by my standards it was fine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234