+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello From Texas :-)

Post Likes

Hello From Texas :-)

Name:  image014.jpeg
Views: 540
Size:  36.1 KB
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

2. Likes R600a, icy78, CEAS-AC-TECH, Bazooka Joe liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I love Texas. Every time I go to Samsung in Roanoke (Dallas), I don’t want to come home.
    Last January when I was there it was 38° here and we landed to 70°
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

4. Likes Mr Bill, CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    I love Texas. Every time I go to Samsung in Roanoke (Dallas), I don’t want to come home.
    Last January when I was there it was 38° here and we landed to 70°
    Roanoke is more toward Ft. Worth. Or Westlake. But hey I will check it out as I live down the road in Haslet.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    Roanoke is more toward Ft. Worth. Or Westlake. But hey I will check it out as I live down the road in Haslet.

Samsung is there, that’s what pulls me there every couple years. I usually fly into DFW, rent a car and stay around Roanoke for the week. Take a trip to the Cabellas, eat a dinner or 3 at Babes Chicken Dinner, it’s a nice little town. Right down the street from Texas Motor Speedway.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

7. Likes Mr Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Samsung is there, that’s what pulls me there every couple years. I usually fly into DFW, rent a car and stay around Roanoke for the week. Take a trip to the Cabellas, eat a dinner or 3 at Babes Chicken Dinner, it’s a nice little town. Right down the street from Texas Motor Speedway.
    Yessir thats my side of town it's peaceful and lots to eat a bit down from Cabellas. Take a trip a little futhure down 35w next outting. They've built up a bit to shop and eat. Also look into Ft Worth stockyards as a warm weather ole cowboy scene. If you drink you can walk with a beer and enjoy the scenery...

9. Likes Mr Bill, VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yessir thats my side of town it's peaceful and lots to eat a bit down from Cabellas. Take a trip a little futhure down 35w next outting. They've built up a bit to shop and eat. Also look into Ft Worth stockyards as a warm weather ole cowboy scene. If you drink you can walk with a beer and enjoy the scenery...

I really wanted to go to the stockyards last time I was there. Had plans to go there, but they closed too early for me to get there after class. I wanted to tour the Cowboys stadium too but again, couldn’t get the time worked out. Class was 8-5 every day.

11. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I really wanted to go to the stockyards last time I was there. Had plans to go there, but they closed too early for me to get there after class. I wanted to tour the Cowboys stadium too but again, couldn’t get the time worked out. Class was 8-5 every day.
    Oh Bubba stockyard is a few blocks with bars and chi I mean a very nice scenery when warm out. Its a cool little area. Mind you I say little. Once you no longer see old rustic buildings turn around and go back. You don't need to walk far. oh and maybe pickup an uber. Cowboys stadium is a bit away like 40+ in arlington give or take. The Dr. Pepper stadium where they used to practice or still do is in frisco. Its a drive.

Post Likes
    Oh Bubba stockyard is a few blocks with bars and chi I mean a very nice scenery when warm out. Its a cool little area. Mind you I say little. Once you no longer see old rustic buildings turn around and go back. You don't need to walk far. oh and maybe pickup an uber. Cowboys stadium is a bit away like 40+ in arlington give or take. The Dr. Pepper stadium where they used to practice or still do is in frisco. Its a drive.

My certificate is only good for 2 years, so hopefully January/February 2022 I’ll be back.
    Last winter was a whirlwind trip. I wanted to fit a chiller class in, but the only time it was offered was Monday. So I woke up Monday morning in Delaware at 3:00 AM, was in Philadelphia international by 5:30 AM, sitting on the plane at 6:30 AM, was airborne by 7:30, and I was sitting in class at 1:00 PM Texas time. Got out, grabbed dinner at Babes and went right to bed. Then Tuesday-Friday was class 8-5. We were going to catch a late flight Saturday and go see some sights but decided to fly out at 11 am instead.
    Hopefully next go round we will have more free time.

14. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    My certificate is only good for 2 years, so hopefully January/February 2022 I’ll be back.
    Last winter was a whirlwind trip. I wanted to fit a chiller class in, but the only time it was offered was Monday. So I woke up Monday morning in Delaware at 3:00 AM, was in Philadelphia international by 5:30 AM, sitting on the plane at 6:30 AM, was airborne by 7:30, and I was sitting in class at 1:00 PM Texas time. Got out, grabbed dinner at Babes and went right to bed. Then Tuesday-Friday was class 8-5. We were going to catch a late flight Saturday and go see some sights but decided to fly out at 11 am instead.
    Hopefully next go round we will have more free time.
    Man sound like you had a crazy day. Yeah man take some time and enjoy Texas. Have a blast

Post Likes
    Man sound like you had a crazy day. Yeah man take some time and enjoy Texas. Have a blast

Texas always seems to be crazy.
    The trip before last we landed into an ice thunderstorm. Cloud to ground lightning, thunder, and freezing rain. Stepped off the bus at the rental car facility and fell flat on my a$$ because everything was covered in a thick layer of ice. That was also at 8:30 PM because it was my old companies grand idea to want me to work the day of the flight. Would up grabbing dinner that night at either In-N-Out or Whataburger. I can’t remember which. And going right to bed.

Post Likes
    every layover for connecting flight at DFW is always 3-4 hours on my end...that sucks!
    i had a few offers to work permanently in Houston and Dallas after my divorce because things are bigger there!

i did some research ..the pay was the same, so that was not happening..

i looked at the single scene of women....yes they definately are much bigger in texas! i dont think i could afford to feed one...! roflamo!

the hotter weather is definitely bigger there...nah! no thanks!

3 strikes for me! im out! lol

but lastly! where are all the damn trees? the weather is quite dry there...setting tumble weeds on fire might be fun for a little while,lol

Post Likes
    Texas always seems to be crazy.
    The trip before last we landed into an ice thunderstorm. Cloud to ground lightning, thunder, and freezing rain. Stepped off the bus at the rental car facility and fell flat on my a$$ because everything was covered in a thick layer of ice. That was also at 8:30 PM because it was my old companies grand idea to want me to work the day of the flight. Would up grabbing dinner that night at either In-N-Out or Whataburger. I can’t remember which. And going right to bed.
    Awe yea man crazy thing is i fell too. That ice/ snow storm was years ago. But I remember it like yesterday. Was one day I knew I shoulda stayed home. Somehow I met the boss as I was looking at the ground walking across the parking lot. He actually had the nerve to ask why I was late lol. Soon as he did my next step took me like 4ft. In the air like I stepped on a banana. Landed on my back and was pissed I ever left the house. We rarely ever even see snow. That's more a Oklahoma kinda thing from what I hear.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited1 View Post
    every layover for connecting flight at DFW is always 3-4 hours on my end...that sucks!
    i had a few offers to work permanently in Houston and Dallas after my divorce because things are bigger there!

i did some research ..the pay was the same, so that was not happening..

i looked at the single scene of women....yes they definately are much bigger in texas! i dont think i could afford to feed one...! roflamo!

the hotter weather is definitely bigger there...nah! no thanks!

3 strikes for me! im out! lol

but lastly! where are all the damn trees? the weather is quite dry there...setting tumble weeds on fire might be fun for a little while,lol
    hey hey big girls need love too haha. In regards to pay. I am originally from the southeast coast and the pay (name your price) is $10-15+ more in some cases. The economy is better out here. Too much concrete out here for sure. Its all the land being developed for farming or housing. Idk.

The air is dry tho. That's the first thing I notice my first trip out.

20. Likes Unlimited1 liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in