+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LOG PLACEMENT VERY CRITICAL

Post Likes

LOG PLACEMENT VERY CRITICAL

So I got a used free standing fireplace.. Columbia Bay model

wouldnt stay light-- THERMOCOUPLE AND THERMOPILE OK /CLEANED ORIFICE /REMOVED CORRISION ON THERMOPILE..

perfect operation AFTER PULLING THE BACK LOG OVER THE THERMOCOUPLE TO KEEP THE WIND OFF AND BLOWING THE FLAME
    OFF THE t COUPLE!!
    iM REALLY A FURNACE GUY.. SO IT THIS COMMON TO HAVE THE PILOTS HIDDEN?? jUST 1/4 INCH GAVE NORMAL OPERATION

THANKS fixitguy in portland..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Position of the logs is critical. Incorrect position can cause flame impingement and generate soot. It can cause other issues, too. Since your fireplace is used, I suggest finding the manufacturer's literature and verify the log positions.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Position of the logs is critical. Incorrect position can cause flame impingement and generate soot. It can cause other issues, too. Since your fireplace is used, I suggest finding the manufacturer's literature and verify the log positions.
    In addition to the impingement possibly creating high levels of Carbon Monoxide....

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

4. Likes safebustr liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Improper log placement can also cause the burner to overheat and crack and deform. If the pilot is blowing out you may need to take a look at the venting it might need a wind cap or it could be as simple as just adjusting the pilot a bit.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in