Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Added AC to existing heater. AC wont turn off automatic

Post Likes
    Are these techs, from the company that installed the A/C. Something is wired wrong. What thermostat do you have.

You need a good tech that understands and can diagnose wiring problems.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Curious about that "new" AC make and model.

Post Likes
    Is there a wiring diagram you can point me to? I can verify that it looks right.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mansat View Post
    Is there a wiring diagram you can point me to? I can verify that it looks right.
    This is something your tech should be doing.
    Again, is this a DIY project or do you have someone doing a side job or handyman work?
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    I have a tech who is suggesting that the board is bad.. and I find it interesting that right after adding AC the board has gone bad. Which is why I am digging a bit deeper myself.

Post Likes
    I have a tech who is suggesting that the board is bad.. and I find it interesting that right after adding AC the board has gone bad. Which is why I am digging a bit deeper myself.
    He was on site and looked at it?

Post Likes
    Dig all you want, but we can not assist you any further here technically other than say that the company that installed your AC needs to get back out there under warranty and get this running for you. Could it be the board? Very highly doubtful.

This is what I would do, STOP DIGGING, have the this so-called technician (probably you all along) replace the board wire for wire and if it fixes it.....then you are only out the price of the board and he was right. BUT If it doesn't fix it, politely have him put the board back in the box and show him the door.

I got this nagging suspicion that you have your finger hovering over the BUY NOW button for that board on some HVAC part site, and are wondering if I should or should not buy it?? You slipped a bit in your first post when you admitted that YOU tried three different thermostats, not this technician. This means you are attempting a DIY.

Post Likes
    Sounds like I offended someone. All I am looking for is comments from hvac experts on the situation. If that’s not for this forum/site- I will remove my question.
    I appreciate everyone who replied and attempted to help.

Post Likes
    Personally, I would find that REAL interesting..
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    OP, being very honest here, is this a DIY project? Is a tech actually working on the issue or is this something your trying to install/fix/diagnose yourself?
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

Post Likes
    No one is offended, except apparently yourself. We have rules to abide by as members here and you keep asking us to break them. We have advised you that you need to find another technician or company.

Post Likes
    NOT a DIY site and you continue to ask for DIY information.

If there truly is a tech involved, you need to find a different tech/company!!!!!
    If this "tech" had anything to do with the install, I would be concerned with the install.

Looking at the board wiring, I am concerned/confused. I can comment no more, but without the info on the outside unit and the thermostat being used, I cannot determine if there is a wiring issue or not.

This would seem to be a very easy issue to diagnose if it will do it consistently. If it is intermittent, then that does make it more difficult.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Then.....Let him do it!

Post Likes
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. It feels like I am in a wrong place, and I apologize to have violated the rules here. Please feel free to disable/delete this thread.

Post Likes
    Did you install the air conditioner yourself or are you just trying to figure out the control wiring?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12