+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Foam board between shingle roof and metal roof

Post Likes

Foam board between shingle roof and metal roof

Hey all, I have a barn I inherited with a metal roof on it, laid directly over the old shingle roof they didn’t strip. Any see any concerns with pulling the metal roof off, insulating with a few inches of foam board and then putting the metal roof back on top?

Post Likes
    If it’s just a regular barn with air gaps throughout it will not do much...only deaden the sound when it rains /hails..

Post Likes
    Just spray a couple of inches of closed cell foam to the underside of the roof boards??
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
    Hey all, I have a barn I inherited with a metal roof on it, laid directly over the old shingle roof they didn’t strip. Any see any concerns with pulling the metal roof off, insulating with a few inches of foam board and then putting the metal roof back on top?
    I hope your saying pulling the old metal and shingle roof then insulating!

Clear it all, install new roof (Metal is great roofing) and spray foam the roof rafters from inside.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in