Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truck got robbed!!

Post Likes
    My truck was hit back in June, he got 4K in digital equipment. would have gotten more but went to my personal truck and the security camera ran him off. I got most of the Iconnect back, just had to buy a new base unit. Insurance paid some and then wanted a refund when the tools were recovered. I argued with them because I had to replace two tablets that were used for service.
    There is now a camera on the work truck.
    The big problem now is I am sitting at ground zero of hurricane Laura's eye and the looting has been bad. I keep guns loaded and all outside lights going at all times.

Post Likes
    I find thieves more despicable than killers. At least the killer leaves the body to be found.

Post Likes

Do these not work anymore?

Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    I've talked with techs in Sacramento and the Bay Area that have been hit by thieves that went thru their multi-layer security in seconds. Police said they'd likely been stalked for days before they made their move. I frankly have no idea why all my service vans have had rear windows, just a dumb idea for a service vehicle

Post Likes
    My next van will be solid panels in place of the windows for sure, keep nothing important in the cab, everything locked in the back. The slick locks do work. Cant be pried off.
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    I run solid vans personally and my employer does also with the crash cage behind the front seats ...
    My factory alarm always lets others know it’s there (single chirp locked and double chirp opened) it a safety feature...had a few shady individuals approach when staying overnight at hotels...it has a good 125 foot range..they nervously look around then take off.

I caused a bit of chaos 1 night, I accidentally hit the panic button and freaked out two older women passing in front, lol..
    They complained to hotel management....

I did have a commercial jobsite where my tools was in a locked room...they went after the copper line sets first then the tools. Lost $2,800 worth of tools ...they broke through the walls to get to it...I wrote off the loss on my taxes that included a police report that had my pics with my initials Scratch inscribed (with permanent marker to highlight) in them (in the battery area) with the Model and serial numbers ..I always photograph and file new and used tools and keep a JPEG copy ...

Two of the tools (Milwaukee Big Hammer /demo Drill And hand truck ) was found in Texas,2 years later..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12