Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trublu vacuum kit

Post Likes

Trublu vacuum kit

Hello all, im waiting on my order from ttt for my accutools trublu starter kit, with the micro. Any opinions? What do you all use for evacuation?

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Woodbridge View Post
    Hello all, im waiting on my order from ttt for my accutools trublu starter kit, with the micro. Any opinions? What do you all use for evacuation?

I got the starter XL because I wanted the slightly longer hose and I love it.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

3. Likes Matt Woodbridge, dieseldude liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Right on brother, the xl kit is what I've got coming, thank you for your reply

5. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I don't use the big blue hoses because I already have 5- ½"appion hoses. But it should work just fine. I have the ½"x⅜"x⅜" appion splitter. Run into 2-½" hoses that connect to appion vcrt's. Been running this setup for almost 8 years now. Rebuilt the hoses twice and vcrt's once. I have 8 vcrt's. Yeah its alot. Over time bought 4 megaflow basic kits. One hvac contractor bought me one as a thank you for showing him the ways. One was given because they tore the o-ring and the other 2 were because I needed to rebuild the other 4 and didn't order them yet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

7. Likes Matt Woodbridge liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    I don't use the big blue hoses because I already have 5- ½"appion hoses. But it should work just fine. I have the ½"x⅜"x⅜" appion splitter. Run into 2-½" hoses that connect to appion vcrt's. Been running this setup for almost 8 years now. Rebuilt the hoses twice and vcrt's once. I have 8 vcrt's. Yeah its alot. Over time bought 4 megaflow basic kits. One hvac contractor bought me one as a thank you for showing him the ways. One was given because they tore the o-ring and the other 2 were because I needed to rebuild the other 4 and didn't order them yet.

The Appoin sure is an awesome setup. Your evac time must be quick

9. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    If you got the single hose starter kit you'll need to pick up a second hose because pulling a vacuum with one hose is no fun it does work though it's just not much faster than using a manifold. I would know as I'm still using one hose. As soon as spring gets a little closer I will order the second one.

11. Likes Matt Woodbridge liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    If you got the single hose starter kit you'll need to pick up a second hose because pulling a vacuum with one hose is no fun it does work though it's just not much faster than using a manifold. I would know as I'm still using one hose. As soon as spring gets a little closer I will order the second one.

Thank you for that, yeah I have just the single hose coming, ill try it out, and probably pick up another as time goes on

Post Likes
    The Trublu hoses are awesome. I was pulling new systems on a remodel in 20 minutes. We are talking 300+ ft of 1 5/8 suction 7/8 liquid with 19 doors of case down to 500 microns and hold for 1 hour. This particular job involved used cases and a lot of the old piping stayed in place so we had offgassing oil to deal with as well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    The Trublu hoses are awesome. I was pulling new systems on a remodel in 20 minutes. We are talking 300+ ft of 1 5/8 suction 7/8 liquid with 19 doors of case down to 500 microns and hold for 1 hour. This particular job involved used cases and a lot of the old piping stayed in place so we had offgassing oil to deal with as well.
    Awesome, I'm looking forward to using them

15. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    we have true blue hoses at our shop and absolutely love them. I went and bought 3 more kits after we used the first one.

17. Likes Matt Woodbridge, TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    we have true blue hoses at our shop and absolutely love them. I went and bought 3 more kits after we used the first one.
    They are awesome, I just used my kit on a vrf system the other day, it was down below 500 in a matter of minutes

Post Likes
    I know they are probably great hoses, but c'mon there friggin' $500 for a pair of hoses! I just can't justify spending that kind of dough on hoses. I guess if you're doing 20 ton+ commercial equipment and the company is paying for it, but if you're a residential tech, the Appion 1/2" are more than you need. There's a point with the hose game that you start to see diminishing returns. Has anyone done a head to head comparison with the Appion 1/2" vs the TruBlu 3/4"?

The BluVac +Pro is well worth the extra couple bucks over the competition.

edit: Ok I found JB's explanation on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eAsnK9GvfM
    The hose construction plays a role not just the diameter. I stand corrected...
    Last edited by mgenius33; 09-29-2020 at 10:05 AM.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    I know they are probably great hoses, but c'mon there friggin' $500 for a pair of hoses! I just can't justify spending that kind of dough on hoses. I guess if you're doing 20 ton+ commercial equipment and the company is paying for it, but if you're a residential tech, the Appion 1/2" are more than you need. There's a point with the hose game that you start to see diminishing returns. Has anyone done a head to head comparison with the Appion 1/2" vs the TruBlu 3/4"?

edit: Ok I found JB's explanation on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eAsnK9GvfM
    They are not that expensive if you buy the right kit. The expensive part is the micron guage and it is totally worth it.

Post Likes

I too would like to see a head to head comparison.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    They are not that expensive if you buy the right kit. The expensive part is the micron guage and it is totally worth it.

I'm looking at TTT and the 2 hose kit is $499.

The single hose kit with a cheaper case is $170

So, $340 with the cheaper case and no Tee fitting?

I guess compared to 2 Appion hose kits for $208. Not so sure I like the VCRT's that come with the TruBlu hoses. looks like CPS, or Robinair/Yellowjacket.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes

I guess compared to 2 Appion hose kits for $208. Not so sure I like the VCRT's that come with the TruBlu hoses. looks like CPS, or Robinair/Yellowjacket.
    Yeah they're more expensive the case looks nice but I went with the cheaper one myself. I like the core tools but they don't seem to be very good for vacuum. I haven't used the Indian hoses but I have used something similar and they're so stiff the true blue is a lot nicer.

Post Likes

Two kits is a good option if you do not want the hard case. The hard case is really nice though for keeping everything together. The core tools are Accutools design, and they are superior for vacuum as they used a machined gasket vs double o-ring.
    JLB,

25. Likes Matt Woodbridge, N2fords, TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    I too would like to see a head to head comparison.

Does Appion make a 3 foot hose similar to the trublu? That would be apples to apples but it would too short and stiff to use on anything. I guess someone could couple two 1m trublu hoses to even it out. I cut up my 1/2” hoses so can't help you there. There's no question the larger hose would win any timed test though.

27. Likes heatingman, R600a, Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Also, You get the handy dandy 90° hose ends with the kit.Name:  PXL_20200930_201636928_copy_695x514.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  144.8 KB
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    That is handy dandy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast