+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trublu vacuum kit

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    I don't use the big blue hoses because I already have 5- ½"appion hoses. But it should work just fine. I have the ½"x⅜"x⅜" appion splitter. Run into 2-½" hoses that connect to appion vcrt's. Been running this setup for almost 8 years now. Rebuilt the hoses twice and vcrt's once. I have 8 vcrt's. Yeah its alot. Over time bought 4 megaflow basic kits. One hvac contractor bought me one as a thank you for showing him the ways. One was given because they tore the o-ring and the other 2 were because I needed to rebuild the other 4 and didn't order them yet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    well I'm glad I am not the only one who owns to many of these...I don't own quite as many as you but close
    RTB Mechanical
    734-315-0064
    http://rtbmechanical.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    I'm looking at TTT and the 2 hose kit is $499.

The single hose kit with a cheaper case is $170

So, $340 with the cheaper case and no Tee fitting?

I guess compared to 2 Appion hose kits for $208. Not so sure I like the VCRT's that come with the TruBlu hoses. looks like CPS, or Robinair/Yellowjacket.
    I got a single hose Appion kit on sale at Johnstone for about $100 on sale - was the best purchase I ever made... I can still pull a vacuum ridiculously fast. dont need a tee for the micron gauge... dedicated yellow jacket micron gauge goes on the condenser, other side is the appion hose with the shraeder removed going right to the pump with no gauges... I work with a guy who has the 2 hose system and its faster but it isnt THAT much faster... going from shraeder to no shraeder makes the biggest difference IMO. also keep in mind we work on residential and light commercial... anything larger I can't speak for.

3. Likes HVACmedic911 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I like my trublu, but the fittings suck. I had the 3/8' pop apart a couple of times, now the 1/4" one is temperamental and will leak unless I wiggle it around. I got the single kit, and I use a smaller hose on the high side. I have to order some of the 90 connectors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in