+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UV SYSTEM

Post Likes

UV SYSTEM

I've had the AD403H-16/5 system installed for 3 years. The house immediately smelled much better after the install, I think these units are great. Sure enough, the bulbs died 2 years after the install. Our a/c people, who installed the unit, charge $ to replace. I got a discount since I own a service plan with them, but still spent $. That's every two years. I've since discovered that the same unit is rebranded many times over, but there's little to no information for replacement bulbs. There's even a youtube video about changing the bulbs on the same unit, looks too easy. I think I've found the bulbs, but the online UV bulb store won't say "yes, these bulbs will work." I suspect they fear the manufacturer and proprietary retaliation. Does anyone know the way around this?
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-28-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Post Likes
    I should have said: When the bulbs die, I'll remove and take the numbers off them if I cannot discover the part numbers. I was hoping to buy in advance; i'm not willing to "mess" with the unit while working.

Post Likes
    Most are recommended to changes every 1 - 2.5 years

Post Likes
    I should have been clearer: I want to buy the bulbs and replace myself, but no website says " these are the bulbs for the AD403H-16/5 unit." I wish to purchase the replacement bulbs.

Post Likes
    Site rules do not allow us to provide part numbers.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes

I found the bulbs

Quote Originally Posted by djbeckett View Post
    I should have been clearer: I want to buy the bulbs and replace myself, but no website says " these are the bulbs for the AD403H-16/5 unit." I wish to purchase the replacement bulbs.
    It was tough finding, but I did. My a/c company has been fair, but charging over 3 times the cost of the bulb is unacceptable. For those diy people out there, you can find the bulb. They re-brand the UV units: find the model number on the unit and search using it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by djbeckett View Post
    It was tough finding, but I did. My a/c company has been fair, but charging over 3 times the cost of the bulb is unacceptable. For those diy people out there, you can find the bulb. They re-brand the UV units: find the model number on the unit and search using it.
    That’s because you’re not paying for the bulbs, you’re paying for a company to take time to order them, drive to your home, install them and then warranty them for a given period. Oh yeah, let’s not forget workman’s comp insurance, liability insurance, vehicle expense, vehicle insurance, receptionist cost, medical insurance, accountant fees, taxes, business license fees, should I go on? There’s plenty more fees that you’re obviously unaware of...

If you wish to DIY anything nobody is stopping you or saying you shouldn’t, but don’t make a claim that a company is charging an “unacceptable” fee when you don’t know what goes into said fee. I’m sure I can make the same claim for your respective line of work.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

8. Likes Artietech liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in