+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone driving a newer model Chevy express 2500?

Post Likes

Anyone driving a newer model Chevy express 2500?

Was just curious if anyone else has experienced any issues when accelerating from a dead stop or going up hill. I seem to have a weird stutter or miss. But there’s no codes or check engine lights ever coming on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes KahoeMan liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Does it have cylinder deactivation?

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Every single time that happened to the ones I drove it came down to spark plugs.
    Especially the bosch plugs. My van absolutely hated them

Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Restaurant mech View Post
    Every single time that happened to the ones I drove it came down to spark plugs.
    Especially the bosch plugs. My van absolutely hated them
    Plugs shouldnt be changed with anything but oem or the latest revision from the manufacturer so Bosch usually will cause problems on most american made vehicles that are under 30 years old.

I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

Post Likes
    Only 4000 miles on it. Been doing it since day one. A coworker has the same
    Van but 2019 model and he claims it does the same thing.

I also don’t understand what the metal brackets are for on the side door windows. ????

Post Likes
    Does it require premium?

Might also be the transmission locking up more frequently than older versions for fuel economy.

8. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yes, it’s a slight hesitation. My ‘19 2500 6.0L does it.
    Those have a few quirks. Like the air conditioner performance sitting idle when you first start it up. It blows hot. Really hot. We’ve discussed it since all of us have similar vans and are all convinced the condenser is undersized.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

10. Likes 270wsm liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CircusEnvy View Post
    Does it require premium?

Might also be the transmission locking up more frequently than older versions for fuel economy.
    It will run on E85 but I use premium

Post Likes
    I have a 2020 Chevy Express 2500 that does the same thing. It has done it since we bought it. I have taken it to the dealership multiple times, but no codes so they can't diagnose it. Any luck on finding out what is causing this?

Post Likes
    I have a 2016 3500...

It started a 'hesitation' thing when one steps on it... backing off to steady acceleration causes better performance.

I wonder if it is a new software thingy... fuel economy at the expense of performance???

I have 68K on mine (got it in the fall of 2017 with 21K)... may be time for plugs and wires...
    And yes... 6.0L engine
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KahoeMan View Post
    I have a 2020 Chevy Express 2500 that does the same thing. It has done it since we bought it. I have taken it to the dealership multiple times, but no codes so they can't diagnose it. Any luck on finding out what is causing this?
    It’s still doing it. I haven’t had time to take it to have it checked out. I doubt it would do any good. Probably wasting my time trying to get an answer. We have a 2019 doing it also. Only on the 6.0 engines.

Post Likes
    its a bad torque converter they "said" covered under warranty..they changed it out when i had 6,000 miles on it last year.. , but i still have the gravel road shudder in the 2019 2500 express i have..71,000 miles so far with the 6.0..chevy put the full synthetic in it...now if you get on the gas its not there, only under light aceleration...i think its a fuel injector or MAF issue...i have a newer scanner (autel MX808 i got for a very good deal) i can check with graphs on it...cold start acts up with a misfire sometimes but goes away..its a company fleet lease van...

ill see what i can pull up on it..

16. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    i was only able to pick up 2 misfires on cylinder 4 on a 10 minute runtime...i didnt like the way the camshaft position sensor was +/- 15 but time will tell. going to take it with me leaving it plugged in and recording. it could also be a small intake leak that i will wet down to see if it changes...if it doesnt ill pull the spark plug, maybe debris is on it..or the coil is going bad...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited1 View Post
    i was only able to pick up 2 misfires on cylinder 4 on a 10 minute runtime...i didnt like the way the camshaft position sensor was +/- 15 but time will tell. going to take it with me leaving it plugged in and recording. it could also be a small intake leak that i will wet down to see if it changes...if it doesnt ill pull the spark plug, maybe debris is on it..or the coil is going bad...
    I've been researching misfires and modern engines because my Ford V10 is missing on three cylinders and I learned an interesting fact. Sometimes you can get a misfire on startup on either one of the four corner cylinders depending on which ones are on the highest ends of the fuel rail because as the fuel cools when the motor shuts off it can form a vapor pocket that takes a minute to collapse and go away so you will get a misfire that the computer interprets as ignition related when it is actually due to vapor in the fuel rail not sending enough fuel to the cylinder. If that happens to be the case there's no easy fix and it doesn't actually matter. I think that is only a problem on the single line fuel systems but I'm pretty sure the later model Chevys use a single line system my 02 Tahoe has a return line so it can't have that problem.

Post Likes
    I have a 2017, 3500, 6.0, I bought in 2018, 20k on it now. Yes the A/C sucks bad, not just idle. I can drive down the highway and it is cooling good, go around a curve, not change speed and the a/c will start to cycle every 8-15 seconds. After three times they still can't find it.

As to to the OP, I don't get a stutter but it does feel like the tranny slips a bit, almost like it is slow shifting from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd, the 6 spd tranny it has shifts so soon at times it is hard to tell. It may be the torque converter unlimited mentioned but it does not do it often, usually when I leave my office I go from the back of the building to the corner then turn and go down the street which is on a incline. About 3/4 down the first block is when I notice it. After that I can drive from one end of town to the other and back and it never acts up again.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    I have a 2017, 3500, 6.0, I bought in 2018, 20k on it now. Yes the A/C sucks bad, not just idle. I can drive down the highway and it is cooling good, go around a curve, not change speed and the a/c will start to cycle every 8-15 seconds. After three times they still can't find it.

As to to the OP, I don't get a stutter but it does feel like the tranny slips a bit, almost like it is slow shifting from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd, the 6 spd tranny it has shifts so soon at times it is hard to tell. It may be the torque converter unlimited mentioned but it does not do it often, usually when I leave my office I go from the back of the building to the corner then turn and go down the street which is on a incline. About 3/4 down the first block is when I notice it. After that I can drive from one end of town to the other and back and it never acts up again.
    Maybe it related to these ...
    What Cars Are We Talking About?

The lawsuit names the following vehicles equipped with either a GM 8L90 or GM 8L45 transmission.

https://www.classaction.org/gm-8-spe...efect-lawsuits
    In a comment..
    “My torque converter] failed at 16000 miles and the one they replaced will likely fail again in another 16k miles. This is bad. I noticed it when I pressed on the accelerator and as I increased speed up to 45 mph. It rattled and rocked badly. The gmc repairman said, ‘yeap.... ever since 2016 all these damn Torque converters have been failing in the canyons And Colorado’s because gm and Chevy changed the size and strength of the metal used in order to reduce the weight of the vehicle. We will replace it, But I can assure you it will fail again and you'll have to bring it back…[to] change out again.’”

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    It’s still doing it. I haven’t had time to take it to have it checked out. I doubt it would do any good. Probably wasting my time trying to get an answer. We have a 2019 doing it also. Only on the 6.0 engines.

It's weird, it doesn't do it all the time, mostly on inclines and between 30 and 40 MPH. I have tried putting higher octane gas as well as a fuel additive in the tank. With it being intermittent I start to think that it may be something electronic.... But I am certainly not a mechanic

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KahoeMan View Post
    It's weird, it doesn't do it all the time, mostly on inclines and between 30 and 40 MPH. I have tried putting higher octane gas as well as a fuel additive in the tank. With it being intermittent I start to think that it may be something electronic.... But I am certainly not a mechanic
    maybe its a dead spot on the TPS throttle position sensor..i noticed a slight discrepancy on desired vs actual on my scanner..its cannot be fuel as it is localized at a certain spot...but the crank /cam sensors could also cause it...ill be dammned if its the programming or the transmission converter lockup portion..

Post Likes
    Anyone have a clue what these metal brackets are for on the side cargo windows?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in