Thread: ERV not recognized by Infinity Controller

Post Likes

ERV not recognized by Infinity Controller

Hello HVAC Pros,

I'm an architect who wanted a fancy HVAC system but its not working correctly. We have a carrier infinity gas furnace, carrier infinity touch screen control, three zones w/ dampers and room sensors, and an ERV all linked together by a Damper Control module. The zone control sensors and dampers are working except for one whine from a damper.

When it was all installed the installer said the ERV was recognized by the controller. However, when I went to configure the zone settings about a week after installation I noticed the ERV was not recognized.

Has anyone had carrier software version conflict issues? The installer came back and checked all the wiring and didn't find any issues. The damper control module software version is CESR131331-01. The infinity controller software version is 131626-03.00. There has definitely been at least one software update since it was installed.

I saw a post talking about electrical interference in dampers. Should I check if the Erv low voltage wires are shielded?

Thanks for any insight!

Post Likes
    I am not familiar with all ERV units by Carrier, but those that I know of are NOT communicating type units.

When initially installing them, they must be done so manually.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes

ERV Communicating?

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    I am not familiar with all ERV units by Carrier, but those that I know of are NOT communicating type units.

When initially installing them, they must be done so manually.
    Hi, thanks for the response. The model number is ERVCRLHB1200. Its a COR product. In the manual it talks about using wall controls and a touch control which could refer to the infinity touch countrol? I attached the manual. Thanks so much for your response.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    That's not an Infinity product. You have to manually tell the User Interface it is there.
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Post Likes

ERV not recognized

Quote Originally Posted by comfortdoc View Post
    That's not an Infinity product. You have to manually tell the User Interface it is there.
    Hello, thanks so much for your help. I just called Carrier and walked through adding the ERV manually in the service interface, even restarted the controller. Unfortunately the 'ventilator' option is just grayed out.

Have you seen any conflicts with the latest software release?

thanks!

Post Likes
    Not that I have heard of. Do you have the latest software in the User Interface?
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Post Likes

Lastest software

Quote Originally Posted by comfortdoc View Post
    Not that I have heard of. Do you have the latest software in the User Interface?
    Hi, I checked the controller and its all updated. Thanks!