Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Micron Guage, which is the best buy?

Post Likes

Micron Guage, which is the best buy?

Need some opinions here from some aces on micron gauges as to which one to buy for the money so to speak. Yeah. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    BlueVac is the best, but expensive . I use my field piece 480 manifold with built in micronmeter. I went through two JB micronmeters that were terrible.

Post Likes
    Bluvac for sure. I'm not sure yet on the yellow jacket omni micrometer but so far its holding up strong.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    They still make the TIGAR MIC???
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Need some opinions here from some aces on micron gauges as to which one to buy for the money so to speak. Yeah. Thank you very much
    Get a Bluvac Glen. The Micro version is all you really need and good value for the reliability of the gauge. Until smashing the screen on mine a couple of weeks ago, it had served me well for years of heavy service.

About to order a new one. I did look at the specs of the LTE and Pro version, but ultimately can't see me needing the additional features and if you are just looking for a basic gauge, you probably won't either.

I think there is a 5% discount if you use the HVACtalk code at checkout.

https://www.trutechtools.com/Accutoo...l-Micron-Gauge

If you aren't already using VCRs and a dedicated vacuum hose, it's a real time saver. This kit may be worth looking at:

https://www.trutechtools.com/Tru-Blu...t-BluVac-Micro

6. Likes ksefan, Matt Woodbridge liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Do you find the Micron gauge on the SMAN 480 to be accurate .

Post Likes
    I have the Fieldpiece Micron gauge (SV85,I think) Its been ok.But I just ordered the BlueVac So I can use it wireless and with MQ,Should have it in a few days.Hopefully, I will like it.I looked the Appion,but it's not set up to use for MQ.So I got the BlueVac.

Post Likes
    I have the Bluvac Pro+ and love it. Not only is it the very best micron gauge you will ever find, the service from the maker is also on another level. You can rest assured that should you ever have a problem, it will be taken care of asap. Heck, you don't have to believe me. Just look a couple of threads down and there was an Android 10 problem with only "some" phones, and he was all over it with a fix. Not even a Bluvac problem, an Android problem, ..Nuff said.

Post Likes
    To Channelxbob: Just got the Bluevac pro in the mail today.I wish it came with some sort of case.Don't even see a case available for it.Anyway Going to put it to use tomorrow.

Post Likes
    I keep mine in a small Tupperware bowl in my tool cart.
    You'll be surprised at how accurate and sensitive they are.

Post Likes
    For the cost of the BluVac ,they could provide a case.I'm sure it is good,But it looks as if one bump and its broken.Hopefully it works as well as advertised.I'm not impressed with the construction of it.It honestly looks poorly constructed(In my opinion)

Post Likes
    I've had mine for quite a while and never an issue. When you first use a Bluvac you'll be surprised at how much better they are than anything else. You just have to use it and see. Im not kidding the service is phenomenal should you ever need it. I've use several micron gouges and none come close. Even the highly tasted Appion isn't in the league with Bluvac.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    For the cost of the BluVac ,they could provide a case.I'm sure it is good,But it looks as if one bump and its broken.Hopefully it works as well as advertised.I'm not impressed with the construction of it.It honestly looks poorly constructed(In my opinion)
    If you buy it as part of the TruBlu kit it comes in a sweet case with everything you need to pull the best vacuum every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    While I agree with your points, I have had my Blue vac for 8 years now with 0 issues of any kind.
    -Marty

Post Likes
    Bluvac it the only way to go. I have a LTE, and a few micros. (Long story). I just bought 4 for some of my newer guys with wifi and it really is great. I may sell a couple of mine so I can get the wifi

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    Bluvac it the only way to go. I have a LTE, and a few micros. (Long story). I just bought 4 for some of my newer guys with wifi and it really is great. I may sell a couple of mine so I can get the wifi

How much shipped to Oklahoma?

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I'd be willing to sell a used full set up for 1/2 price.
    2- Appion core valve tools (newer model with the magnet end, one of the magnets cracked for some reason)
    2- Appion 1/2" vacuum hoses
    1- BluVac +Pro

It all works, and in good shape, but want to get a whole new set every few years.

Is $275 a fair deal?
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    How much shipped to Oklahoma?

Probably more than you want to pay.. a micro and a lte to buy a wifi version. Not a great deal for ya

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    Probably more than you want to pay.. a micro and a lte to buy a wifi version. Not a great deal for ya

Okay well I'm ordering the blue vac kit from Tru-Tech tools tonight because my second JB industries micron gauge just quit.

21. Likes N2fords liked this post.
    Post Likes
    What about the Testo 552 ??
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast