Thread: Who does restaurant HVAC/R

Post Likes

Who does restaurant HVAC/R

Was curious if anyone does commercial HVAC/R work in restaurants in FL or the southern states?
    Curious to see what brand of RIC/RIF(S) you usually encounter. Been doing this two years, and TRUE MC is my favorite brand to work on, but their newer equipment leaves some things to be desired

Post Likes
    I work restaurant refrigeration, not in FL but in MN We see a lot of Heatcraft, masterbilt is becoming a little more popular. See a lot of older Russell units. Other than that I see a lot of old silver units, with no name plates.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by On The Path View Post
    Was curious if anyone does commercial HVAC/R work in restaurants in FL or the southern states?
    Curious to see what brand of RIC/RIF(S) you usually encounter. Been doing this two years, and TRUE MC is my favorite brand to work on, but their newer equipment leaves some things to be desired
    Ill take a rebuilt Traulsen anyday!

99% of the crap manufactured today is good for 7 - 10 years then replace it!

Post Likes
    Best units I have seen quality wise and ease of maintenance are Delfield units for reach ins.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I do commercial refrigeration in Florida.

I see Bally/Heat Craft, Delfield is popular, Traulsen, True, those are the ones I see the most of.

Post Likes
    True , Turbo Air , Avantco . and this dealer is trying to push Atosa which is pure garbage.

I worked on 2 Atosa so far , and both kept breaking down under 1 yr old , so i yanked out all the 24volt fans and computer and installed 120v fans and my own controller

Now when I come across one , I tell customer to call the place they purchased it to send their own tech , I have better things to do

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    True , Turbo Air , Avantco . and this dealer is trying to push Atosa which is pure garbage.

I worked on 2 Atosa so far , and both kept breaking down under 1 yr old , so i yanked out all the 24volt fans and computer and installed 120v fans and my own controller

Now when I come across one , I tell customer to call the place they purchased it to send their own tech , I have better things to do
    They are called a-toss-a for a reason. Toss em out when they break.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I live in Atlanta.lots of True.Some Delfield,some BevergeAir. Way too much crappy TurBoAir (Garbage) Seeing more and more Chinese and Korean made crap all the time.I see some Advantco and Atosa,Both not too good.I like True and Delfield the best.

Post Likes
    if you keep the coils clean on Turbo Airs , they actually do pretty well

Post Likes
    Getting parts for them is a pain.All their parts are OEM.No one local carries their parts.I have to order everything .Takes 3-4days ,Unlessthe customerwantsto pay extra next day cost

Post Likes
    I see stupid things like door switches go out , I bypass them , the contactors go out , just throw in 30A 120V contactor

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post

I let the customer know there expensive to maintain. Then I make a good chunk of change on that crap until the customer get fed up and replaces it

Post Likes
    I misread your OP. I see a lot of stuff from traulsen, true, delfield, beverage air. I don’t know where it came from but I’ve done a lot of warranty work on Everest units. Everest handles everything pretty well, restaurant own calls tech support and they get an idea what’s going on and then they send you a bunch of parts. Confirm it’s those parts that are bad and then swap it out. I’ll take a traulsen any day.