Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CPR valve?

Post Likes
    An EPR generally has the inlet on the run - a CPA generally has the inlet on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    I can’t see those numbers but that might be an EPR
    evaporator pressure regulator
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of Thinking

Post Likes
    Pecmsg,

There is such a thing as a Condenser Pressure Regulator. But, so far as I know; they are never called a CPR valve.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of Thinking

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by guchen View Post
    I have searched online and found a picture. it shows that the CPR valve is installed in the evaporator.
    As stated by pecmsg, the CPR can be installed in the suction line anywhere between the evaporator and the compressor. Here's an additional image of the same evaporator manufacturer web page which shows a bit more clearly that the CPR is indeed after the evaporator:

This is an image of an evaporator for a refrigerated truck system. Typical commercial refrigeration system, such as those found in a restaurant or convenience store, would not have the CPR factory installed, rather it would be a field installed option, that normally would be installed in the suction line at the compressor.

4. Likes guchen liked this post.
    Post Likes
    On our walk-ins, it sits right above the accumulator tank. Great explanation Mikey on why they aren't needed on a high temp system!

Post Likes
    I work on a lot of coffin ice cream boxes they Crankcase pressure Regulating valve on suction next to compressor. I never seen one go bad.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyray View Post
    I work on a lot of coffin ice cream boxes they Crankcase pressure Regulating valve on suction next to compressor. I never seen one go bad.
    Don't necessarily go bad but I've come across quite a few that leak where the adjustment screw is.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

8. Likes icemeister liked this post.
    Post Likes
    CPR valves are important in many commercial refrigeration and HVAC systems where system disruptions are common. ... These components are installed in-line with your crankcase before the evaporator, and ultimately help preserve the life of your other system components.

10. Likes guchen liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I hope I'm not mistaken,
    if there's anything I can do to help, write to personal messages.

Post Likes
    I'd be happy to help you!
    I want to be helpful here.

Post Likes
    Dear all, thanks for ur answers. Here is a video showing how the CPR valve works. Share with all of u guys.

After seeing the pic sent by icemeister, I have read the whole article relating to the CPR valve in the same web page. it really helps. thank you all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    I can’t see those numbers but that might be an EPR
    evaporator pressure regulator
    On a True Reach In, it will be located on the suction line under side of the box by the compressor, It really doesn't matter where, as long as it is between the compressor and evaporator. I can say this, the ones on the outside are a lot easier to replace than the ones on the inside
    "Orange Man RAD!"

Post Likes
    CPR Valves are used on freezers to control amp draw.Especially after defrost.They limit the suction pressure to control the amp draw.They throttle down the refrigerant flow.Without one.Many compressors will not start out of defrost(With High Suction)You adjust the valve to the Amp draw of the compressor.GOOD manufactures put them on their freezers.Installed on the suction line,between the evaporator outlet and the compressor.Withour a CPR valve, your compressor will have a much shorter life.(Mostly on Freezers)There are a few Reach In Freezers I have seen without CPR valves.They use a pressure limiting TEV.Does not work as well.They also use a High cut out temp switch on the evaporator.Both methods are a cheap Inferior Attempt.Nothing else that I have seen controls the amp draw ,and PROTECTS the compressor like a CPR.I have asked a few other Manufacturers why they don't use a CPR valve on their freezers.They give some lame excuse as to how the set up they use is sufficient,WRONG .They are the same Manufacturers whose freezer compressors fail in 3 years instead of 20 years.A CPR valve is important to have on a freezer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12