Thread: Hows KISS MY AZZ sound?

Post Likes

Hows KISS MY AZZ sound?

I have a good friend,a 1 man Band, a 1 man "R" Band. He gave me a new customer w/ an Ice Machine problem. I call and talk to the boss "John" about his under counter Ice problem and we agree on me being there at 2PM. I get there at 2:15. John left at 1 PM, and the Counter Girl listens to me say "Hello,I am here to look at the Ice Machine" She then explains to me that the Ice Machine Repair Guy is out in his truck making out the bill at this very moment. I go outside and there is another HVACR Co truck w/ the driver doing his paperwork. I am friendly w/ the owner of this 3rd Co. I go back inside and the Counter Girl is on the phone w/ the Boss John. She hands me the phone, I listen to John stutter and sputter. Then I say to John " I don't work for people like YOU,and YOU can KISS MY AZZ" and I leave w/ a satisfied smile on my face, behind my Covid-19 mask.

2. Likes Tjune54, crazzycajun, CircusEnvy, icy78, kdean1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I would of put a bag of flour and a garden hose to his ac hardens like concrete
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Not being a racist....

However had a cheapskate from that nation of over a billion... on the opposite side of the world (not China)...
    Pull that on me...

Told him I had a buddy that worked for ICE... and was gonna have him investigate your life... as you messed with the wrong person...
    Went on to tell him... you had better never ignore your shadow... as ICE will probably be there!

Guy got wide eyed...

I just smiled and left.

The look on his face... was worth not getting my service call fee!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

5. Likes crazzycajun liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Not being a racist....!
    Interesting disclaimer, you know what they say ...
    Yet to see the first racist starting with "being a racist" somehow they (racists) think the disclaimer (not being) makes it ok to make a racist remark, not taking about you because you obviously are "not being a racist" ..
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    I got a call two weeks ago on a Friday afternoon to fix an exhaust fan at a restaurant.I was in the middle of a 5 ton condenser change out.I didn't want to work the next day on saturday.But, I left after the unit was piped in to go fix the exhaust fan.Now I have to go back in the morning to finish the 5 ton condensing unit . I get to the restaurant, and guess what.Another gut is already working on the fan.I don't play that shit.I'm getting paid.I'm not mad at the guy there.he didn't know the owner called both of us.Lets see who gets there first.I made the owner pay me a service call, then I left.Don't know if the other guy fixed the fan or not.Don't care. The customer hasn't had the balls to call me again.Pretty sure he knows not to!!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Interesting disclaimer, you know what they say ...
    Yet to see the first racist starting with "being a racist" somehow they (racists) think the disclaimer (not being) makes it ok to make a racist remark, not taking about you because you obviously are "not being a racist" ..
    Some folks try to be tactful and polite...

It appears others are too arrogant to realize it.

Life is too short to waste time with some folks...

Ignore for you!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Not being a racist....

However had a cheapskate from that nation of over a billion... on the opposite side of the world (not China)...
    Pull that on me...

Told him I had a buddy that worked for ICE... and was gonna have him investigate your life... as you messed with the wrong person...
    Went on to tell him... you had better never ignore your shadow... as ICE will probably be there!

Guy got wide eyed...

I just smiled and left.

The look on his face... was worth not getting my service call fee!

"Not being a racist...."?

You could have said a million different things and be totally right and you chose this? How can it be construed as racist when a white man threatens a man with ICE because of his nationality?
    Why do you think he got wide eyed?

From another post are you referring to yourself when you said "Some folks try to be tactful and polite..."?

Wonder if I just made the double ignore list?
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

10. Likes valdelocc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I once played that game with Amazon.com, and they stiffed me.

I was on-call and got a call from our answering service around 7pm. They gave me a lady's name, an address, an out of state phone number, and a message saying their walk in freezer had ice all over the floor underneath the fans.

I called the number and got a voice mail. I left my name and number and said I was on my way.

I got there not knowing it was Amazon until I got there and saw all of the Amazon semi-trailers in the back. It was just a big generic looking warehouse in an industrial park. It was a "Prime fulfillment center".

I went in and found the guy who looked like he was in charge. He took me to a small walk-in freezer in the middle of the warehouse with a bad drain line heater. I then turned and saw this other dude walk in with a tool bag who said he was there to fix the freezer. The manager told him "Sorry, I guess this other guy got here first". He left and I got to work fixing the drain line.

When done I told the manager looking dude I was done. He said thanks and shook my hand and I left.

Then a couple of weeks later my boss calls to ask me about what happened with that call. He said Amazon's third party co. wont pay the bill because I never checked in with them and Amazon has no record of me being there. I filled out our own paperwork and gave it to the dude, but I never got his signature and I never signed in or out of their log sheet (which I never knew about).

So anyways yeah, I was the dude who got there first, but then got stiffed.

12. Likes ga-hvac-tech, Turtleman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Back in 1980 I was in my own business just barely a year and I got an ice machine service call. I pulled up at the same time as another HVACR guy did. We spoke and figured out the customer was an AH. We then sat in his truck and talked for damn near 3 hrs. During that time 3-4 other Ice guys pulled and we told them that the Ice machine had been fixed and they left,pissed off at the restaurant owner. The GOOD part of the story? The "other guy" that pulled up when I did, we became the BEST OF FRIENDS.Our families spent Holidays, Births, Birthdays,Weddings,Funerals,Graduations together for decades.So,there is a silver lining in most stories.

14. Likes ga-hvac-tech, Lahrs, crazzycajun liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    I once played that game with Amazon.com, and they stiffed me.

I was on-call and got a call from our answering service around 7pm. They gave me a lady's name, an address, an out of state phone number, and a message saying their walk in freezer had ice all over the floor underneath the fans.

I called the number and got a voice mail. I left my name and number and said I was on my way.

I got there not knowing it was Amazon until I got there and saw all of the Amazon semi-trailers in the back. It was just a big generic looking warehouse in an industrial park. It was a "Prime fulfillment center".

I went in and found the guy who looked like he was in charge. He took me to a small walk-in freezer in the middle of the warehouse with a bad drain line heater. I then turned and saw this other dude walk in with a tool bag who said he was there to fix the freezer. The manager told him "Sorry, I guess this other guy got here first". He left and I got to work fixing the drain line.

When done I told the manager looking dude I was done. He said thanks and shook my hand and I left.

Then a couple of weeks later my boss calls to ask me about what happened with that call. He said Amazon's third party co. wont pay the bill because I never checked in with them and Amazon has no record of me being there. I filled out our own paperwork and gave it to the dude, but I never got his signature and I never signed in or out of their log sheet (which I never knew about).

So anyways yeah, I was the dude who got there first, but then got stiffed.

That stinks but... I never went out on an after hours call without speaking to the person who called. It is many times the tech's choice to even go out on a first time customer after hours. I always got an initial or approval before making a repair and always got a signature. If they weren't set up for billing payment info would be needed also. Some of these were optional and others were always SOP everywhere I worked. They usually didn't matter but a first time customer third party out of state etc is a red flag for many of these. JS
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    "Not being a racist...."?

You could have said a million different things and be totally right and you chose this? How can it be construed as racist when a white man threatens a man with ICE because of his nationality?
    Why do you think he got wide eyed?

From another post are you referring to yourself when you said "Some folks try to be tactful and polite..."?

Wonder if I just made the double ignore list?
    Some folks try to be tactful and polite but instead they come across extremely idiotic!
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes

Post Likes
    "still believe in dreams
    Where you are is where I'll be
    It's all that really matters to me
    The world out there
    Hey can kiss my ass
    As long as I've":удар: