Thread: Inficon Stratus

Post Likes

Question Inficon Stratus

I can't find much on here about Inficon Stratus. I just wondering if the guys that have them are they better than the D-Tek select. I figured they have been out long enough now to know if they are worth the money? I was thinking about buying one.

Post Likes
    I think this is one of the better ones out there, works great for 410A. Yellow Jacket 69336 AccuProbe UV Leak Detect

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    H-10 or Inficon have been the only leak detectors that I have found to be the most sensitive & accurate and best repeatability. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I have not tried the Stratus but would assume it would be as good or better than the D-tek.
    I have tried most common brands in manufacturing and field service environments and found several not worth the cost of a bottle of soap bubbles.

Post Likes
    I already have the yellow jacket and a inficon D-tek and numerous others. I have a fieldpiece SRL2K7 and a CPS LS2 and a very old
    Inficon that is very good at finding R22 leaks. I was just wondering if the stratus is better than all of these, heck I even have a halide torch somewhere.

Post Likes
    I guess my yellow Jacket is a 69338 Accuprobe -UV it does work fairly well.

Post Likes
    I have a yellow jacket Accuprobe,It is pretty good.However,I like the DTek Selelect better.I also have a Stratus ,Interesting enough, i have found the DTEK Select to be more Accurate than the Stratus on 404a And R22.The stratus does have the search feature.I just got a new H10 Pro a few days ago.I have not used the H10 yet.So, I will be posting which leak detector I like best after a few months.I think different leak detectors do better jobs on certain refrigerants.I also believe that people have their own results with different leak detectors.

7. Likes Gunslinger, Mr Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    To Coyote.I find the DTek select and the stratus to be pretty similar as far as finding pinpoint leaks.The Stratus has the feature of the SEARCH feature,or they call it cloud hunting.This is for finding leaks in a big area.The closer you get to the leaks, a graph shows the leak PPM. I think this is the selling point of the stratus.It is expensive!!!But works well.I would keep using the DTek select, until you want to make the big investment.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    I think different leak detectors do better jobs on certain refrigerants. I also believe that people have their own results with different leak detectors.
    I agree!
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill