Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zero Superheat

Post Likes
    My guess would be low airflow and someone added charge watching pressure only and not watching superheat.

Make sure the coils and blower wheel are clean, dial in the airflow as well as you can, recover weigh the refrigerant back in and try to hit target superheat.

I doubt even a mixed gas would result in zero degrees superheat.

Post Likes
    Fixed metering 407 not good. See if you can TXV this beast. Best to slightly undercharge. Get that suction temp up

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gbfromsd View Post
    Fixed metering 407 not good. See if you can TXV this beast. Best to slightly undercharge. Get that suction temp up
    Had to recover 4 pounds of refrigerant to get the proper superheat! This is what happens when technicians are careless and charge a system by evaporator temp and beer can cold suction line!!

Post Likes
    As others have said, I suspect you dont have enough air going across the indoor coil. On calls like this, you always start with two clean coils and good air flow across both.

After that, you can take readings and continue (maybe) with a diagnosis. Just a good cleaning might solve everything.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    I still have 1 yellow cylinder,full.
    Don't let the IRS know as they will demand the inventory taxes on CFC's, the folks at the IRS learned a lot from Hitler's Gestopo

Post Likes
    I have half a drum of R500.Can is all beat up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy1949 View Post
    Don't let the IRS know as they will demand the inventory taxes on CFC's, the folks at the IRS learned a lot from Hitler's Gestopo
    It must have leaked out

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    Fixed
    Sc 19.5

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    What is the manufacturer suggesting the subcool is supposed to be. High subcool is typical of a restriction somewhere. A kinked line can do that, restriction in filter dryer, piston undersized/partial clog..etc.

Its possible the piston was changed to match the other refrigerant and its smaller, or nitrogen was not used when welding and its clogged

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12