Thread: Moving from Joblink to Measure Quick

Post Likes

Moving from Joblink to Measure Quick

Ok, so the Joblink app is not playing well at all with bluetooth connection. I've had several different tablets both android and apple, and now at least three or four phones since JL came out, probably more, I don't remember, and all of them exhibit the same behavior, constant dropping and picking up of the connection. I've heard some say, yeah it drops and picks right back up, but mine will drop all over the place, and then not pick up for 30secs to a minute or more, etc. and it seems that the pressure will drop and then the temp will drop, and then the pressure will pick up, etc. and you can't seem to get them all up at the same time, so you lose calculations for longer periods of time. Soooo....
    I've been learning to use MeasureQuick, and at first I thought it was too in depth for everyday use, but I'm getting used to it, and have seen that you can use it without all the pages of info for a quick check of a system. My only real question is can you get detailed reports, ie like logging on my SMAN380 will do from measure quick? I know you can get a one page summary out of MQ, but I usually save the entire data log for every job I do, and I can show someone or review myself and see what was happening from start to finish. I know I can do an initial and final report, but there's nothing in between, and it does capture all the details like a log file does.
    Any help would be appreciated. I may just have to learn to use JL to get the probes to log themselves and then use MQ for the display and summary report.

2. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by channellxbob View Post
    Ok, so the Joblink app is not playing well at all with bluetooth connection. I've had several different tablets both android and apple, and now at least three or four phones since JL came out, probably more, I don't remember, and all of them exhibit the same behavior, constant dropping and picking up of the connection. I've heard some say, yeah it drops and picks right back up, but mine will drop all over the place, and then not pick up for 30secs to a minute or more, etc. and it seems that the pressure will drop and then the temp will drop, and then the pressure will pick up, etc. and you can't seem to get them all up at the same time, so you lose calculations for longer periods of time. Soooo....
    I've been learning to use MeasureQuick, and at first I thought it was too in depth for everyday use, but I'm getting used to it, and have seen that you can use it without all the pages of info for a quick check of a system. My only real question is can you get detailed reports, ie like logging on my SMAN380 will do from measure quick? I know you can get a one page summary out of MQ, but I usually save the entire data log for every job I do, and I can show someone or review myself and see what was happening from start to finish. I know I can do an initial and final report, but there's nothing in between, and it does capture all the details like a log file does.
    Any help would be appreciated. I may just have to learn to use JL to get the probes to log themselves and then use MQ for the display and summary report.
    I didn't mean to like your post haha not saying I don't like it, I just accidentally clicked it and can't unclick it on my phone

Ive just started using MQ and really like it but when I did have a problem with JL I emailed tech support and the guy responded very quickly and was super helpful!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    Same issue here. Ive given up on fieldpiece caring enough to do something about it.

Post Likes
    I have to be honest, the last three weeks have shown a pretty big increase in connection stability. There may have been a hardware issue, but that was only with a previous tablet. That was not the case with all the other devices I had trouble with. As of right now JL is pretty stable with both my Samsung phone and current Samsung tablet. Not bulletproof but pretty good. MQ is bulletproof as far as I can see. I have yet to experience a problem with it. FP needs to work on JL and add some minor fixes and correct connection issues. They need to add remapping probes, the ability to map a psychrometer to ODDB, etc.

Post Likes
    I have to be honest, the last three weeks have shown a pretty big increase in connection stability. There may have been a hardware issue, but that was only with a previous tablet. That was not the case with all the other devices I had trouble with. As of right now JL is pretty stable with both my Samsung phone and current Samsung tablet. Not bulletproof but pretty good. MQ is bulletproof as far as I can see. I have yet to experience a problem with it. FP needs to work on JL and add some minor fixes and correct connection issues. They need to add remapping probes, the ability to map a psychrometer to ODDB, etc.
    It wont last. Mine will sometimes work great all of the sudden with no changes to the phone, and then it all goes to hell again. Im going to experiment with the measure quick, plus I think measure quck lets you use an outdoor temp sensor and fieldpiece doesnt for some stupid reason. Im not trying to bash on fieldpiece as all my other tools work fine, but they need to do something about this. Maybe hire their own software developer or get rid of the one they have.

Post Likes
    We will see. I've been using FP app with both my phone and tablet for a couple of weeks or more now, every day, and it is working great. Funny thing about all this is I didn't like MQ in the beginning, but after using it for a while, I'm loving it.

Post Likes
    Im in the same boat.I use the Fieldpiece app more,But Im starting to use the MQ app.The MQ app is a little more complex to use(for me anyway) I think it is all a learning curve and getting used to .

Post Likes
    That's true, it's a learning curve. MQ is really not all that hard to use once you get used to it. It has some quirks that I don't care for, but that's the case with any app really, and they did a lot of things right on it. Once you get used to starting it and you also realize you don't have to enter all the customer info, you realize you can use it quickly to determine the state of a unit. I do wish it had logging of readings, but I just put my JL probes in log mode before using them, and they log everything, so it works out. The only gripe there is it's a bit unwieldy to setup 7 probes to log every time, but hey, it's not that big a deal.
    It's kind of funny, just a few years ago, I was using analog gauges and doing all the math myself. It took a bit of time, and you had to keep going as things changed, but it worked. Then I went to the first digital, pretty neat, but it didn't do nearly all the things a modern manifold can do. Went thru a few digitals,then I used the SMAN380 for a year and wow! Everything right at your fingertips, live, now that's cool. Now I've morphed into using only the probes, with an extra psychrometer mapped to outdoor air temp in MQ and it's a hoot. I've posted on other threadas that I had some issues with BT connection, but that has worked itself out and I now have confidence in both the JL and MQ app not letting me down, so I'm pretty impressed witht the state of technology. I knew going into this digital thing that it was emerging technology and would have bumps in the road, but I must admit it's going pretty well. I read a thing the other day, someone griping about FP not keeping up with the app. That's not true, they have had many upgrades to it, and it costs a ton of money to maintain and app. I know it's not MQ and probably won't ever be, but it's not that bad at all.