Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H10 pro and 410a

Post Likes
    to itsiceman: So its normal to be loud!!!I'm used to the Dtek.Do you usually use it in Auto or manual setting,Thanks?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    to itsiceman: So its normal to be loud!!!I'm used to the Dtek.Do you usually use it in Auto or manual setting,Thanks?
    Depends what I see going on. If I think there is going to be a very small leak and I just want to wave it around like a magic want I'll start out in manual but it needs to be warmed up a few minutes to get the balance steady. If it starts screaming I got my hand on the auto button. I ran mine for years in auto before I messed with manual mode. Auto does a very good job. Turns out it's twice as sensitive in manual mode so it's good for leaks in could that you can't get right up on.

3. Likes BALloyd liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Just got my H10 Pro a week ago. I had a 410 leak that a couldnít find with my slr8. The sensor in that one is over a year old but it Doesnít get all that much use. Still may have lost a little sensitivity.

I set up the H10 as recommended using the reference bottle and then gave the heat a slight bump. Searched all over the outdoor unit and found nothing. I went inside and tried something i saw on a youtube video, i stick the probe in the plenum right at the opening for the suction line and the led flash and the ticking increased slightly. Now the system had been off for a few days, i donít think that would work if the fan had been running recently. But i pulled the cover and searched all of the coil i could access I found the leak, back of the coil on the bottom run. Wasnít able to pinpoint with bubbles but i finally found that damn leak.

Two days later i quickly found a very small R22 leak on an old evap coil. The H10 works great, just be sure you donít use it right out of the box without reading the manual and setting it all up properly. It was definitely money well spent. Good tools donít cost money, they make money. I only wish i had gotten one sooner.

5. Likes TruTech-Bill, ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The H10 Pro is amazing
    i have found a leak with 15 psi of standing pressure
    unbelievable !!
    Before i had a FP infrared, never been totally happy with it, so i switched to H10 Pro
    completely different story
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

7. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by samtheman View Post
    Just got my H10 Pro a week ago. I had a 410 leak that a couldnít find with my slr8. The sensor in that one is over a year old but it Doesnít get all that much use. Still may have lost a little sensitivity.

I set up the H10 as recommended using the reference bottle and then gave the heat a slight bump. Searched all over the outdoor unit and found nothing. I went inside and tried something i saw on a youtube video, i stick the probe in the plenum right at the opening for the suction line and the led flash and the ticking increased slightly. Now the system had been off for a few days, i donít think that would work if the fan had been running recently. But i pulled the cover and searched all of the coil i could access I found the leak, back of the coil on the bottom run. Wasnít able to pinpoint with bubbles but i finally found that damn leak.

Two days later i quickly found a very small R22 leak on an old evap coil. The H10 works great, just be sure you donít use it right out of the box without reading the manual and setting it all up properly. It was definitely money well spent. Good tools donít cost money, they make money. I only wish i had gotten one sooner.
    Was that in auto mode?

Post Likes
    Yep, auto mode. I am hitting the reference bottle with the heat all the way down and turning the light green since the sensor is new, then just give the heat about 1/8Ē turn at most for 410a. Thatís Seems to be the general consensus of most of the videos and instructions I have checked out

Post Likes
    It's twice as sensitive in manual mode. I'd mess with that before messing with the heater adjustment for 410

Post Likes
    Iíll give it a try that way. I was having trouble keeping the led/ticking to about 1/second when i was playing around in manual mode, but the only time i did that was in my living room right after i charged it for the first time. I should get to use it again today on a call this afternoon

Post Likes
    It needs time to warm up and run at a stable temp. to help with the fine tuning. Auto mode makes those adjustments as it warms up but is less sensitive to refrigerant vs manual.

Post Likes
    Just an update after going through a summer season with the H10 Pro.

I am batting 1000 with this baby. Found every leak i looked for, most of them in very short time. I had a few that were small little bugger leaks, but given enough time, the H10 sniffed them out. I had one very small leak that i couldnít pinpoint with big blue, but the H10 kept going off at this one u-bend on the coil. I pumped the system down, pressurized the lines and coil to a little over 400 psi, and finally started seeing some tiny bubbles. Maybe it is a little bit cumbersome compared to other leak detectors, but the 100% accuracy i experienced this season far outweighs that minor detail.

Good tools arenít cheap, and cheap tools arenít good. But as i have said in the past, good tools donít cost money, good tools make money. Bottom line, the H10 Pro was well worth the money I spent, and i should have gotten one years ago

14. Likes BBeerme liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCON8 View Post
    The H10 Pro is amazing
    i have found a leak with 15 psi of standing pressure
    unbelievable !!

Before i had a FP infrared, never been totally happy with it, so i switched to H10 Pro
    completely different story
    I just did that yesterday... granted it was R22...

I use an H10 (battery) for R22, and an H10Pro for 410... each seems to smell the respective gas better.
    I have an old plug in H10 in the van... pulled it out once for a stubborn refer unit (self contained box)... it does seem to be more sensitive than the battery models... however I have not adjusted the pilot screw sensitivity on my battery models though...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    The first H-10 I ever used was an H-10A, guess that was the second 'generation'.

Much prefer the H-10G over the H-10 Pro. The Pro takes a lot of getting used to, it has completely different characteristics than the corded models.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I just did that yesterday... granted it was R22...

I use an H10 (battery) for R22, and an H10Pro for 410... each seems to smell the respective gas better.
    I have an old plug in H10 in the van... pulled it out once for a stubborn refer unit (self contained box)... it does seem to be more sensitive than the battery models... however I have not adjusted the pilot screw sensitivity on my battery models though...
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12