Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: H10 pro and 410a

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northeast Wi
    Posts
    820
    Post Likes

    H10 pro and 410a

    So I was thinking about having the shop order a h10 pro, but seems it is no ether than other at detecting 410a. I watched a couple of YouTube videos comparing it to the fieldpiece slr8. In both videos they stated that the diode in the fieldpiece runs hot. So why couldn’t one adjust the temperature on the h10pro a little warmer to get a similar result as the fieldpiece? I don’t have a h10, but have been researching and arching instruction videos on setting it up.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    15,574
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 11crv View Post
    So I was thinking about having the shop order a h10 pro, but seems it is no ether than other at detecting 410a. I watched a couple of YouTube videos comparing it to the fieldpiece slr8. In both videos they stated that the diode in the fieldpiece runs hot. So why couldn’t one adjust the temperature on the h10pro a little warmer to get a similar result as the fieldpiece? I don’t have a h10, but have been researching and arching instruction videos on setting it up.
    I talked to Bacharach tech support about my H10G and 410. The tech told me to turn up the heater about 1/6th of a turn when working with 410. And don't forget to turn it back when working with other refrigerants.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northeast Wi
    Posts
    820
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Did the adjustment work for you? My detek select died so I need to pick up a new leak detector this week. I work on mostly residential r22 and 410a.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    17,288
    Post Likes
    If it is calibrated right I don't think you would need to mess with the heater for 410 on a new H10-Pro model. You might miss a small leak in auto mode but would be willing to bet the H10-Pro in manual mode is more sensitive to 410 than your Dtek ever was.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northeast Wi
    Posts
    820
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Great thanks.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    15,574
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 11crv View Post
    Did the adjustment work for you? My detek select died so I need to pick up a new leak detector this week. I work on mostly residential r22 and 410a.
    It does just fine with R410A. I wish I could compare it with a Fieldpiece SLR8 or H10 Pro. I'll probably pick one of those up soon. I haven't gotten a H10 Pro or SLR8 yet because my H10G does a fine job on 410 with the heater turned up a bit. I've got a couple sharpie marks on the case for my 410 and 22 settings. Just so I don't forget to turn it back.

    But remember I that use a plug in H10G. Not the newer Professional. I have no idea even if there is a heater adjustment on those or if it's a good idea. Most guys think the Professional works well on 410 as is.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northeast Wi
    Posts
    820
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    I ordered a h10 pro today. We have been going crazy with 410a leaks. I’ll try to report back when I get use to using it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    17,288
    Post Likes
    Recommend watching this

    https://youtu.be/bBlTZMyHil8

  9. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga.
    Posts
    728
    Post Likes
    Still waiting!!!!Anyone have a comparison between the new D-Tek stratus VS an H10.Both my D-Tek select and new Stratus work well.My understanding is that the New H10,is still using older technology(Not sure if that is correct)I want to try an H10,but only if it is better than the Inficon stratus.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    17,288
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    Still waiting!!!!Anyone have a comparison between the new D-Tek stratus VS an H10.Both my D-Tek select and new Stratus work well.My understanding is that the New H10,is still using older technology(Not sure if that is correct)I want to try an H10,but only if it is better than the Inficon stratus.
    It's been done. If you want ultra sensitivity to small leaks it's the H10-Pro.
    If you are hunting in a saturated space ppm looks helpful and the sensor won't get eaten up.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    494
    Post Likes

    Post

    I have H10 Pro, and yes i adjusted sensitivity a little bit.
    yesterday i was leak searching a old Bard R22, completely empty, no refrigerant, 7-8 PSI pressure
    The H10 found the leak. Best 500 coffee investment i ever made.
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6
    Post Likes
    Get the H-10. Be very careful to never suck water I’ve killed the pump motor and sensor on one by being on the phone and not paying attention to what I was doing.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga.
    Posts
    728
    Post Likes
    I have a Stratus and D-tek select.Going to get the H10pro in the next week or so.Trutech tools has a good price on it,considering it is about $525.00 -600.00

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    1,470
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Tron View Post
    Get the H-10. Be very careful to never suck water I’ve killed the pump motor and sensor on one by being on the phone and not paying attention to what I was doing.
    I made that mistake too, luckily when I took it apart that night I found I just had to dry out the filter inside the pump motor and clean out the hose. Happens pretty quick though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

  16. #15
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Dunedin NZ
    Posts
    13
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    I made that mistake too, luckily when I took it apart that night I found I just had to dry out the filter inside the pump motor and clean out the hose. Happens pretty quick though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wonder if it would be interesting to fit a small coalescing filter in-line right after the wand, that would be an easy way to prevent too much liquid being sucked inside the unit.

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northeast Wi
    Posts
    820
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    I purchased the h10 pro last week but haven’t had any leak calls yet. Go figure.

  18. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    247
    Post Likes
    FYI

    Learn about Refrigerant Leak Detection, it's applications and best practices with TruTech and Bacharach this Wednesday 6/10 at 7PM EST
    Plus! Stay through to the end for a chance to win a Bacharach H-10 Pro!

    Sign up here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/regi...TXe8j8_g4o3BcA


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill Spohn
    President & CEO
    www.TruTechTools.com

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northeast Wi
    Posts
    820
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Signed up, thanks

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga.
    Posts
    728
    Post Likes
    New H10 pro;I got a new H10 pro yesterday,Charged up the battery.Turned it on!!!I think I'm getting a tattoo!!!This leak Detector Is Very loud!!!Is this normal/I have not used it in the field yet!!!BUT is this working properly.Not used to such a loud leak detector.Is this normal, or do I have a bad one?

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    17,288
    Post Likes
    Yes. It's very good a detecting small leaks. Every single other thing about the detector sucks!

    Should be quieter in the Small setting vs Medium or Large.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •