Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H10 pro and 410a

Post Likes

H10 pro and 410a

So I was thinking about having the shop order a h10 pro, but seems it is no ether than other at detecting 410a. I watched a couple of YouTube videos comparing it to the fieldpiece slr8. In both videos they stated that the diode in the fieldpiece runs hot. So why couldn’t one adjust the temperature on the h10pro a little warmer to get a similar result as the fieldpiece? I don’t have a h10, but have been researching and arching instruction videos on setting it up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 11crv View Post
    So I was thinking about having the shop order a h10 pro, but seems it is no ether than other at detecting 410a. I watched a couple of YouTube videos comparing it to the fieldpiece slr8. In both videos they stated that the diode in the fieldpiece runs hot. So why couldn’t one adjust the temperature on the h10pro a little warmer to get a similar result as the fieldpiece? I don’t have a h10, but have been researching and arching instruction videos on setting it up.
    I talked to Bacharach tech support about my H10G and 410. The tech told me to turn up the heater about 1/6th of a turn when working with 410. And don't forget to turn it back when working with other refrigerants.

Post Likes
    Did the adjustment work for you? My detek select died so I need to pick up a new leak detector this week. I work on mostly residential r22 and 410a.

Post Likes
    If it is calibrated right I don't think you would need to mess with the heater for 410 on a new H10-Pro model. You might miss a small leak in auto mode but would be willing to bet the H10-Pro in manual mode is more sensitive to 410 than your Dtek ever was.

Post Likes
    Great thanks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 11crv View Post
    Did the adjustment work for you? My detek select died so I need to pick up a new leak detector this week. I work on mostly residential r22 and 410a.
    It does just fine with R410A. I wish I could compare it with a Fieldpiece SLR8 or H10 Pro. I'll probably pick one of those up soon. I haven't gotten a H10 Pro or SLR8 yet because my H10G does a fine job on 410 with the heater turned up a bit. I've got a couple sharpie marks on the case for my 410 and 22 settings. Just so I don't forget to turn it back.

But remember I that use a plug in H10G. Not the newer Professional. I have no idea even if there is a heater adjustment on those or if it's a good idea. Most guys think the Professional works well on 410 as is.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    I ordered a h10 pro today. We have been going crazy with 410a leaks. I’ll try to report back when I get use to using it.

Post Likes
    Recommend watching this

https://youtu.be/bBlTZMyHil8

9. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Still waiting!!!!Anyone have a comparison between the new D-Tek stratus VS an H10.Both my D-Tek select and new Stratus work well.My understanding is that the New H10,is still using older technology(Not sure if that is correct)I want to try an H10,but only if it is better than the Inficon stratus.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    Still waiting!!!!Anyone have a comparison between the new D-Tek stratus VS an H10.Both my D-Tek select and new Stratus work well.My understanding is that the New H10,is still using older technology(Not sure if that is correct)I want to try an H10,but only if it is better than the Inficon stratus.
    It's been done. If you want ultra sensitivity to small leaks it's the H10-Pro.
    If you are hunting in a saturated space ppm looks helpful and the sensor won't get eaten up.

Post Likes

I have H10 Pro, and yes i adjusted sensitivity a little bit.
    yesterday i was leak searching a old Bard R22, completely empty, no refrigerant, 7-8 PSI pressure
    The H10 found the leak. Best 500 coffee investment i ever made.
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

Post Likes
    Get the H-10. Be very careful to never suck water I’ve killed the pump motor and sensor on one by being on the phone and not paying attention to what I was doing.

Post Likes
    I have a Stratus and D-tek select.Going to get the H10pro in the next week or so.Trutech tools has a good price on it,considering it is about $525.00 -600.00

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Tron View Post
    Get the H-10. Be very careful to never suck water I’ve killed the pump motor and sensor on one by being on the phone and not paying attention to what I was doing.
    I made that mistake too, luckily when I took it apart that night I found I just had to dry out the filter inside the pump motor and clean out the hose. Happens pretty quick though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    I made that mistake too, luckily when I took it apart that night I found I just had to dry out the filter inside the pump motor and clean out the hose. Happens pretty quick though.

I wonder if it would be interesting to fit a small coalescing filter in-line right after the wand, that would be an easy way to prevent too much liquid being sucked inside the unit.

Post Likes
    I purchased the h10 pro last week but haven’t had any leak calls yet. Go figure.

Post Likes
    FYI

Learn about Refrigerant Leak Detection, it's applications and best practices with TruTech and Bacharach this Wednesday 6/10 at 7PM EST
    Plus! Stay through to the end for a chance to win a Bacharach H-10 Pro!

Bill Spohn
    President & CEO
    www.TruTechTools.com

Post Likes
    Signed up, thanks

Post Likes
    New H10 pro;I got a new H10 pro yesterday,Charged up the battery.Turned it on!!!I think I'm getting a tattoo!!!This leak Detector Is Very loud!!!Is this normal/I have not used it in the field yet!!!BUT is this working properly.Not used to such a loud leak detector.Is this normal, or do I have a bad one?

Post Likes
    Yes. It's very good a detecting small leaks. Every single other thing about the detector sucks!

Should be quieter in the Small setting vs Medium or Large.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast