Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metasys MUI Commanding

Post Likes

Metasys MUI Commanding

I've run into an issue with MUI. I am not able to command points with Operator Override, Temporary O/R, Setpoint, etc... The only open i get in the drop down column is "adjust," and for the most part it does nothing for the equipment i'm trying to control. In SMP (ADX) I have no issues commanding these points o/r's, setpoints, etc. I have administrator privileges on both SMP & SCT. I did read in the help file that I need "user authorization," to access these commands but I have everything checked. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Metasys 8.1

MUI 2.1

Post Likes
    Bump.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by richdee23 View Post
    I've run into an issue with MUI. I am not able to command points with Operator Override, Temporary O/R, Setpoint, etc... The only open i get in the drop down column is "adjust," and for the most part it does nothing for the equipment i'm trying to control. In SMP (ADX) I have no issues commanding these points o/r's, setpoints, etc. I have administrator privileges on both SMP & SCT. I did read in the help file that I need "user authorization," to access these commands but I have everything checked. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Metasys 8.1

MUI 2.1

Some workarounds for this problem include:

1) Use Site Management Portal (SMP) to command the point.
    2) Reset the engine the point resides on. Resetting the engine is normally a temporary solution.
    3) Command a Sync Engine on the engine from the MUI Network tree. Then log out of MUI and log back in. This is also a temporary solution.
    4) Delete the points that have the command problem and re-add them.

Post Likes
    I’ve tried these options but still nothing.
    Is this a known issue with MUI 2.1? Our JCI tech can’t figure out what’s the issue either...

Post Likes
    Sorry to bump this thread but would anyone be able to help me with this? Thanks

Post Likes
    Is the object an internal point from the controller? Have you tried commanding a BO or AO.

Post Likes

TEC3000

Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    Is the object an internal point from the controller? Have you tried commanding a BO or AO.

Do you what type of field controller it is? I know that TEC3000 at MUI 2.1 and below didn't allow you any overrides only adjusts. This was corrected at version 3.0 of the MUI.

Post Likes
    I have NAE45, NAE55, NCE25 's. All of the firmware's are at 8.1 throughout the site.

I've recently visited another site with Metasys 8.1 and MUI 2.0 and they have no issues what so ever.

Post Likes
    I have NAE45, NAE55, NCE25 's. All of the firmware's are at 8.1 throughout the site.

I've recently visited another site with Metasys 8.1 and MUI 2.0 and they have no issues what so ever.
    Have you tried doing a command Engine Sync from the MUI Network tree.

Also do you use chrome? We have had issues with explorer and changed all user to chrome. If you are using chrome, do the following to gather data.

open MUI using chrome.
    open the Developer tools.
    select the console .
    Open the object in MUI and screen capture what it says.

Post Likes

Also the points are from the controller. I've tried commanding the AO & BO's but only option i get is adjust. Not one piece of equipment gives me the option to Operator override, Setpoint, Release, Release All, Out of Service, Etc...

I've also tried deleting the entire site for MUI and rebuilding from scratch and nothing. My authorization is set to Admin in SMP & SCT. Inside of MUI I'm authorized for all categories.

Post Likes
    Also the points are from the controller. I've tried commanding the AO & BO's but only option i get is adjust. Not one piece of equipment gives me the option to Operator override, Setpoint, Release, Release All, Out of Service, Etc...

I've also tried deleting the entire site for MUI and rebuilding from scratch and nothing. My authorization is set to Admin in SMP & SCT. Inside of MUI I'm authorized for all categories.

The problem we've seen is that smp uses Java while MUI uses HTML. So if Chrome isn't the correct version you'll have issues. By looking at the development tool you'll see what's happening.

Post Likes
    I Have tried different browsers such as chrome, edge, IE, safari, and even mobile browsers on IOS & Android.

Where exactly do i do a sync engine? would it be possible to get a screenshot of that? And thank you for your help

Post Likes
    just so I'm clear - Is the cooling valve you are showing in the potential problems area the same valve as the graphic picture?

Post Likes
    just so I'm clear - Is the cooling valve you are showing in the potential problems area the same valve as the graphic picture?
    Yes i have it overriden from SMP

Post Likes
    Yes i have it overriden from SMP
    Here's how to do a Sync Engine. I would only do one which is the smallest incase something goes wrong.

Click on the Network tab
    Select an engine
    Under Details - click on the wording Operational.
    Your see the command box - now if you don't see the command box it has to be something with your permission.
    Click on Sync Engine - save
    The engine status will change to Onboard Upload as Sync Engine is running, then Instance Upload, then back to the original engine status

See if this works.

Post Likes
    Here's how to do a Sync Engine. I would only do one which is the smallest incase something goes wrong.

Click on the Network tab
    Select an engine
    Under Details - click on the wording Operational.
    Your see the command box - now if you don't see the command box it has to be something with your permission.
    Click on Sync Engine - save
    The engine status will change to Onboard Upload as Sync Engine is running, then Instance Upload, then back to the original engine status

See if this works.

I do not have a network tab anywhere in the UI. Is this something that’s available on metasys UI 2.1? If you can possibly show me a screenshot or tell me how to add a network tab that would be great. Also thank you for your help so far.

Post Likes
    I do not have a network tab anywhere in the UI. Is this something that’s available on metasys UI 2.1? If you can possibly show me a screenshot or tell me how to add a network tab that would be great. Also thank you for your help so far.
    When you log into the MUI - you have the space tab and next to that one is the network tab. I don't know if version 2.1 supports it, we started out with version 3 which had this tab

Post Likes
    When you log into the MUI - you have the space tab and next to that one is the network tab. I don't know if version 2.1 supports it, we started out with version 3 which had this tab
    Just asked a jci tech and the network tab wasn’t present in 2.1 it started in version 3 so I guess a sync engine isn’t a go for me.

Post Likes
    Just asked a jci tech and the network tab wasn’t present in 2.1 it started in version 3 so I guess a sync engine isn’t a go for me.

have you looked at the log files on the ADX machine. There's MUI logs which might shed light. These are called MetasysFacility.Service.log.

Post Likes
    I cant find anything out of the ordinary in the log. I've started a new site as well and nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast