Thread: which type of Lennox coil matches Lennox furnace EL196UH090XE48C

Post Likes

which type of Lennox coil matches Lennox furnace EL196UH090XE48C

I am in the process of choosing my AC, my furnace is Lennox EL196UH090XE48C, I am thinking Lennox 14ACX-036-230. I contacted two AC companies which only provide C35-36B-2 indoor coil with 14ACX-036-230. I looked at Lennox manual, got the impression that they recommend that the coil matches furnaces with same letter designation in model number, the letter stands for the cabinet size. But the companies said this coil should work with my furnace. My understanding is it can work but might not work very well. I'd like to know the professional's opinions. Thanks!

Post Likes
    The coil gets matched to the outdoor unit. Transitions are fabricated to allow it to fit.

The outdoor unit gets sized to a Manual "J" Load / Loss calculation

Post Likes
    Rather than put a smaller coil above the furnace, if I were that salesman I'd choose a C35-30/36C-2 for a perfect fit. The narrow coil WILL work but increases resistance to airflow vs the one above which will sit properly on top of the furnace.

4. Likes smart liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Looks like you can go with a C35-30/36C width coil to match the furnace width as BaldLoonie suggested. Coil looks to be rated at 2.5-3. Tons

AHRI matched rated system # 201867567 with a TXV metering device and TDR on furnace 15.1 SEER and 12.5 EER

There is also the Quantum coil CX35-30/36C with built in TXV AHRI #201867590

There are other matches to get the SEER higher, but looks like you have to go to a 4 ton rated coil.

If the math was done correctly

To view certificates

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...znxCFNAi8fJHHj
    Last edited by Bazooka Joe; 05-20-2020 at 08:32 AM.

6. Likes smart liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thanks BaldLoonie and Bazooka for the detailed explanation and information, very helpful!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in