+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RE: Strange electrical issue at my sons house

Post Likes

RE: Strange electrical issue at my sons house

It appears that the other thread got removed rather than moved. Anyway, this was about the garbage disposal that was tripping the basement breaker that it wasn't tied in to.
    My kid had an electrician that was a friend of a friend come out this morning. He pulled wire and installed a new breaker for the disposal. Also said, he wasn't exactly sure what was going on with the basement circuit at this time except that it's overloaded were everything connected to it to draw power at once. That it was obvious to him that whoever redid the electric in the house after the fire had no clue what they were doing and that if and when my kid has the money to turn the basement into his mancave, to have him come out and redo the basement power.
    He took a shot at me LOL. Said typical hvac guy used J cord instead of greenfield.

We did find out the fire started in the garage and was not electrical related.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Is it the Basement Breaker to Basement SubPanel that’s tripping the Garbage Disposal breaker because it’s below the Disposal Breaker? I had an Air Compressor Breaker at a Tire Center, that would trip the AC Breaker. We had an Electrician come out to look at it, the entire electrical needed to be redone and upgraded. It was cheaper to call us to cool the compressor off, and reset everything. Is there anyway he can reduce the basement load? Like run a couple circuits off the Main Panel, such as Sump Pumps. I never liked having the Sump Pumps on the SubPanel. I want to be able to shut the Basement off and run the Submersible Sump Pumps independently.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in