+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: HVAC-TALK: Biggest Loser!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    Is this thread helping you guys lose weight? Just wondering what works because my brother has had trouble controlling his weight all his life.
    Years back I saw a lady that was morbidly obese coming out of an ice cream store with a diet coke and a triple decker cone. I instantly thought how ridiculous but quickly realized the reason I saw her was I was getting ice cream myself. I probably would have done the same thing if I had a weight problem.
    Best of luck to all of you.
    Teach your brother what carbohydrates are, then tell him to stop eating them. I had no idea what I was doing to myself, doctor clued me in to it about 20 years ago and I have been fine ever since.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Is this thread helping you guys lose weight? Just wondering what works because my brother has had trouble controlling his weight all his life.
    Years back I saw a lady that was morbidly obese coming out of an ice cream store with a diet coke and a triple decker cone. I instantly thought how ridiculous but quickly realized the reason I saw her was I was getting ice cream myself. I probably would have done the same thing if I had a weight problem.
    Comfort food...

Depending on lots of things... the addiction to ice cream may be biological or emotional...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Can't tell you, these pants are several years old so maybe that's why. The other thing is I use to be able to go into a store and buy 3 pair of jeans, take them home, try them on and they were all the same. Now I have to try on every pair before I buy them. The last time I bought jeans I tried on 6 all the same size before I found 2 that fit. One pair was so big standing on my tip toes they still drug on the floor while I was holding them up. If I let go they would fall off. They had to be like a 40/40 in actual size but the tag said 36/34.
    Used to be... if one shopped it a bit...
    They could find 35 waist jeans... now at most stores... it goes from 34 to 36...
    So far... 31's and 33's are still available...
    I guess when one is not 'lean and trim' anymore... they are not important to cater to.

I would LOVE to get to the point of being concerned between a 35 and 36... grin!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)

Post Likes
    Does he drink diet drinks and other food artificial sweeteners?

Stop.

Makes you want to eat more and more. Messes with your body big time and how you eat.

300-400 cal meals was a problem when I was drinking the diet soda.
    No problem now.

Post Likes
    201.8 at 7 am and good morning guys!!

I must be doing cardio in my sleep because I am burning a lot off overnight.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    201.8 at 7 am and good morning guys!!

I must be doing cardio in my sleep because I am burning a lot off overnight.
    Eat more protein and you will burn off even more calories while you sleep.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    My brother knows a lot about carbohydrates because he has had to watch his weight since a kid. He's 6'-3" or 6'-4" and probably weighs around 250. He doesn't diet regularly anymore but does watch what he eats.
    He's not an HVACR but I'm thinking about alerting him to this thread. If this works you guys may be on to something really good.

I have never had to watch my weight but have taken a lot of guff because I will not eat one bite more than I want even if there is only one bite left. By guff I mean almost every woman whose food I have eaten has said "I see you didn't eat all your food is something wrong with it?"
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    My problem is I eat pretty much what I want till my weight gets to the point I don't want it anymore, then I start watching closer and it comes back down.
    The biggest thing for me is my desk. If I am at my desk I want to snack on something almost to the point of it being a need. If I am on a job and have plenty of water I can go all day without eating and not feel hungry. The problem is good snack that are healthy do not have a long shelf life so to speak. Pretzels, party mix, Cajun nut mix, nuts, will all last for weeks if in a sealed container and you keep it sealed. Fruit etc just will not last long and are messy at a desk. Now extra dark chocolate has to be the 7th food group, it is healthy and it will last a long time in my drawer as long as the drawer stays closed.

9. Likes ga-hvac-tech, jbhenergy liked this post.
    Post Likes
    My problem is I eat pretty much what I want till my weight gets to the point I don't want it anymore, then I start watching closer and it comes back down.
    The biggest thing for me is my desk. If I am at my desk I want to snack on something almost to the point of it being a need. If I am on a job and have plenty of water I can go all day without eating and not feel hungry. The problem is good snack that are healthy do not have a long shelf life so to speak. Pretzels, party mix, Cajun nut mix, nuts, will all last for weeks if in a sealed container and you keep it sealed. Fruit etc just will not last long and are messy at a desk. Now extra dark chocolate has to be the 7th food group, it is healthy and it will last a long time in my drawer as long as the drawer stays closed.
    One thing I have been doing is drinking more coffee throughout the day. Keeps something in my stomach and I don't crave too much. I eat a nice big bowl of raisin bran for breakfast and something light for lunch, chicken salad, some tuna on crackers. Then usually I have room for a decent dinner, I don't go overboard but I have been splurging on dinner. And, yes, I try to eat before 6 PM or around there. Tonight is BBQd chicken with chicken rice and green beans.

Post Likes
    Good morning guys!!

200.8....inching ever so closer to 200. Should be there soon. Probably not today though as I plan on having a few beers.

Post Likes
    I’m in. I’m off the beer 9 days now. Only down 2 pounds so far. Have not changed anything other than beer though at this point. 215.8 this morning.

Would like to get to 200 even. Haven’t been there since college.

Need to clear a few things off my plate of things to do then will start to exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Name:  1588075421494-0518fcf5-a302-40d5-a620-b8c84eed3fdc_.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  1.24 MBName:  IMG_20200428_071115.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  1.99 MB
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    I’m in. I’m off the beer 9 days now. Only down 2 pounds so far. Have not changed anything other than beer though at this point. 215.8 this morning.

Would like to get to 200 even. Haven’t been there since college.

Need to clear a few things off my plate of things to do then will start to exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A week of an install in a hot attic should do it!!! I have that crawlspace to work on tomorrow and Thursday so I should burn quite a few calories.

15. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    A week of an install in a hot attic should do it!!! I have that crawlspace to work on tomorrow and Thursday so I should burn quite a few calories.
    hoping to close a fair sized comm job this friday. Getting that will keep me active and away from the lunch table for a few weeks.

17. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    well.... 216.7 this morning. Gonna have to cut out the evening snacks. I typically get to sit down around 830 at night, and that is usually accompanied by a bag of pretzels and hummus. looks like im gonna have to cut that out or switch to a bad of carrots.

Post Likes
    Name:  IMG_20200429_064853.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  1.15 MBName:  IMG_20200428_183310.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  2.63 MBName:  IMG_20200429_064710.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  979.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_20200428_182621.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  525.6 KB

“If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    202.2 this morning. Hard day of work today.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    well.... 216.7 this morning. Gonna have to cut out the evening snacks. I typically get to sit down around 830 at night, and that is usually accompanied by a bag of pretzels and hummus. looks like im gonna have to cut that out or switch to a bad of carrots.
    Was that a Freudian slip?

Somehow I was at 213.4 this AM. The worst pat is the scale also said 25.7% body fat. Need to get that closer to 20%.

Post Likes
    Well... there is one way to loose a couple of #'s...

Got out my chain-saw and played lumberjack yesterday afternoon... had a tree fall over the weekend.
    Lost 5#'s... however the after effects of that exercise are lingering (stiff and sore)...
    Now if I can keep it off and loose some more... grin!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Was that a Freudian slip?

Somehow I was at 213.4 this AM. The worst pat is the scale also said 25.7% body fat. Need to get that closer to 20%.
    Double Doink Slip

Remember SNL It's Pat?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in