Thread: Why isnít diagnostic LED working?

Post Likes

Why isnít diagnostic LED working?

I have a Honeywell S8610U continuous retry on my gas boiler. Woke up to no heat, no pilot and thankfully no gas smell. The problem is the small LED thatís supposed to flash diagnostic code doesnít even come on. Thermostat seems to function, it calls for heat, I hear a buzzing sound, think itís coming from the transformer, but no pilot and no flame. What could be the problem?

Post Likes
    The problem is you need a boiler specific tech to diagnose your issue.

Gas is not one to attempt to fix as explosions can happen.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

3. Likes vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    The problem is you need a boiler specific tech to diagnose your issue.

Gas is not one to attempt to fix as explosions can happen.

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately there is pandemic limiting access to the pros so Iím hoping I can ask the pros on here if perhaps they have had experience with similar situations. I think itís odd that the LED isnít functioning at all and wondering if perhaps that might indicate this part is broken.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
    Yeah, I know. Unfortunately there is pandemic limiting access to the pros so Iím hoping I can ask the pros on here if perhaps they have had experience with similar situations. I think itís odd that the LED isnít functioning at all and wondering if perhaps that might indicate this part is broken.
    That's a b.s. response.

I'm sorry. I don't want to hear anything about this bs virus going around. More people die from the common "flu" then anything

In ALL seriousness we have hvac companies shutting down as of yet due to no work. Parts houses are cutting employees and hours...

Even if this site allowed help id still take the same stance of not trying to self attempt a repair on any gas unit.

Its just not worth your life or others.

Sorry if I come off rude. Im just so over this virus crap.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    That's a b.s. response.

I'm sorry. I don't want to hear anything about this bs virus going around. More people die from the common "flu" then anything

In ALL seriousness we have hvac companies shutting down as of yet due to no work. Parts houses are cutting employees and hours...

Even if this site allowed help id still take the same stance of not trying to self attempt a repair on any gas unit.

Its just not worth your life or others.

Sorry if I come off rude. Im just so over this virus crap.

Well when I called three different plumbing companies (two small shops and one big one) and an HVAC company I was told sorry, they didn’t have anyone to come out and as long as gas wasn’t leaking I’d have to wait so I’m stuck hoping someone can help me. So unless you have some input into the cause or solution for the situation impacting my boiler, there is no need to respond.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
    Well when I called three different plumbing companies (two small shops and one big one) and an HVAC company I was told sorry, they didnít have anyone to come out and as long as gas wasnít leaking Iíd have to wait so Iím stuck hoping someone can help me. So unless you have some input into the cause or solution for the situation impacting my boiler, there is no need to respond.
    Give me your zipcode and I'll find one for ya... Done it before.

Otherwise adhear to the site rules

8. Likes vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I’ll help you out.

Post a pic of the ignition controller. Honeywell is designed by dummies for dummies- so this will be a slice of cake. When your boiler fires �� please nominate me for plumber of the universe award ok?

Also - if you want help, post a photo and have a t least a cheap multi meter

Please reply when your multi meter and photos are posted.

Please also understand the following: “where the power stops, the problem starts”.

The unit ran just fine without your help countless times.

Step 1 - Check for supply voltage to low voltage transformer. Voltage should be 120 vac on one side, 24 vac on the other.

If you have no 120 vac- turn the switch on and send me a gift card to Starbucks. If no 24 vac on transformer terminals, then install new transformer.

If you have voltage on both sides of transformer and still boiler doesn’t fire....

Step 2: check for voltage at ignition module

If module doesn’t begin ignition sequence with power applied and led doesn’t light and ignition sparker doesn’t spark you have a problem.

You have to recognize that the controller doesn’t light up all the time - it could be something as simple as a thermostat not calling for heat.

What boiler do you have? What stat?

Step 3- if it’s beyond and simple electrical component replacement, then this could be neglect due to lack of maintenance - at which point you’ll need to part with some hard earned dollars.

Step 4: call plumber

Post Likes
    The furnace's main burner must have a common ground with the ignition module controller, as well as the controller's internal ignition and flame sensor. Verify the ground wire extends from the controller's ground terminal position to the controller's mounting bracket screw. the surfaces must be clean with no corrosion, if they do, clean then and reinstall

Post Likes
    Replica Rolex horloges, replicacartierwatch.top US Dollar Euro GB Pound Canadian Dollar Australian Dollar Jappen Yen Norske Krone Swedish Krone Danish Krone CNY Fatal error: Call to a member function MoveNext() on a non-object in /var/www/replicacartierwatch.top/includes/classes/category_tree.php on line 69