+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tridium Niagara Knowledge Thread

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguy158 View Post
    Next Tridium talk.

Niagara 4 is in its ninth release, so if you are still on a legacy Niagara Framework platform, you are missing out on powerful new graphics visualization, provisioning, tagging and analytics enhancements. Upgrading now offers new functionality built into Niagara 4 that supports critical edge control of field equipment as well as the ACE engine for fast restart times. Plus, Niagara 4 customers with active licenses can be confident that their software incorporates the latest cyber-security upgrades and cyber defense features.

April 30, 2020

http://go3.tridium.com/P000g0oSDG0Cu40v0k3M7j3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No sir Using N4 4.8

Post Likes
    Next Tridium talk.

Niagara 4 is in its ninth release, so if you are still on a legacy Niagara Framework platform, you are missing out on powerful new graphics visualization, provisioning, tagging and analytics enhancements. Upgrading now offers new functionality built into Niagara 4 that supports critical edge control of field equipment as well as the ACE engine for fast restart times. Plus, Niagara 4 customers with active licenses can be confident that their software incorporates the latest cyber-security upgrades and cyber defense features.

April 30, 2020

http://go3.tridium.com/P000g0oSDG0Cu40v0k3M7j3
    AX End of Life? You all going to hit them up on all the N4 grievances?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    AX End of Life? You all going to hit them up on all the N4 grievances?
    Would be comical. Somehow I think come the Q&A portion those type of questions get left unanswered.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Start submitting those comments now, from the confirmation;

Hi Maxburn,

Thank you for registering for "TridiumTalk: Niagara AX End of Life".

Please submit any questions to: DanielleLyn.Byrnes@tridium.com

Date Time: Apr 30, 2020 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Post Likes
    Hmm. Seems a bit soon / sudden, to make AX EOL?

Post Likes
    AX EOL was announced in 2015.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by digo View Post
    AX EOL was announced in 2015.
    Ditto. But there are still a load that will just N4 the super and not replace scores of jaces under. Lets call them SMA dodgers.

I still think N4 stinks in many respects compared to AX. Click on niag / BACnet network even with a handful of devices...how long does it take to load vs the AX view??

Post Likes
    Hmmm. Sorry, I remember seeing the announcement. I meant, it just feels like AX hasn’t been around all that long compared to some of the competition. Plus as many point out, N4 is still a long way from being excellent.

Post Likes
    so these Ax systems will still carry on operating just no support or upgrades?
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stanbyyourword View Post
    so these Ax systems will still carry on operating just no support or upgrades?
    Yes, but the real question is what they will do about licensing the workbench for AX. Specifically, will they continue to mange the license along side N4 with no change, provide a tool to run the workbench without a station like was done with R2, or just stop all together?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JSLLC4Life View Post
    Yes, but the real question is what they will do about licensing the workbench for AX. Specifically, will they continue to mange the license along side N4 with no change, provide a tool to run the workbench without a station like was done with R2, or just stop all together?
    Tridium will migrate all existing Workbench license to the N4 model but is leaving the AX option switch activated. You can still move/replace those licenses if you have an active SMA, until June 30, 2023.

some of your questions answered here:
    https://pages1.tridium.com/rs/808-SG...XEOL_final.pdf

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by digo View Post
    Tridium will migrate all existing Workbench license to the N4 model but is leaving the AX option switch activated. You can still move/replace those licenses if you have an active SMA, until June 30, 2023.

some of your questions answered here:
    https://pages1.tridium.com/rs/808-SG...XEOL_final.pdf
    Thanks. That document mentions AX licensing is active until 2023. It isn't 100% clear to me if that date means workbench AX licensing will stop functioning or not. I will have a valid license through 2023 at that point. The only only places that are somewhat concerning are all the military installs. We still have new installations going in with AX per specification right now.

Post Likes
    It will run, just like I see XBS sites running to this day. There won't be support or updates for it, and you won't be able to buy or transfer licenses past 2023.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Nothing stopping anyone from getting a super license that never expires and VM it. Can still work on R2 crap now and when did that lose support??

Plan ahead.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JSLLC4Life View Post
    Thanks. That document mentions AX licensing is active until 2023. It isn't 100% clear to me if that date means workbench AX licensing will stop functioning or not. I will have a valid license through 2023 at that point. The only only places that are somewhat concerning are all the military installs. We still have new installations going in with AX per specification right now.
    Use their own RMF against them, when it goes out of support they need to upgrade.

Post Likes
    So what is Tridium?
    Tridium is the latest buzz word in the Building Automation Industry.

There are three driving factors behind the adoption of Tridium:

A large amount of third-party integration drivers
    A distributor model that provides open availability of the product
    A SDK that allows developers to customize their own integrations
    Tridium is built on Niagara AX (or N4 as Tridium is calling the new platform) which is a proprietary framework.

Tridium itself is the brand name for the product built upon the AX framework. A typical Tridium device is comprised of several open and proprietary protocols provided on a scalable platform from which building operators can design their automation systems. This device called a JACE will be covered in greater detail later.

Tridium is typically delivered through smaller contracting outfits as a secondary product for the larger controls contractors (examples would be Siemens Talon, Johnson Controls Facility Explorer).
    Great info bigGuy. However i think you are reinforcing the Tridium/Niagara confusion here. As i understand it, Tridium is merely the software company that originally developed the Niagara framework, and was bought by honeywell back in the day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in