+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Triple Duty Valves

Post Likes

Triple Duty Valves

Hi guys, first time poster, long time lurker. Have learned a lot from this site already.

Very seldom do I get accurate flow readings off of triple duty valves. Sometimes it’s not even close. I always need a second or third way of verifying flow. Does anyone have a good explanation why this is the case? Cheap construction? They are very commonly used where I am.

Post Likes
    My experience with triple duty valves is similar. I saw a few that were very close but reading most of them was a waste of time. In my opinion it is the check valve that disturbs the flow.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Thanks Wayne. That would make some sense. Seems nobody likes them. Maintenance/building operators always complain that they leak. I much rather when I see a regular balancing valve off each pump.

Post Likes
    I would rather see a real balancing valve also , problem is you still typically need a check valve and its cheaper just to put a triple duty valve in .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in