+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gas fireplace over radient heat?

Post Likes

Gas fireplace over radient heat?

Is it safe to install a direct heat gas fireplace on a radient heat foor. I'm worried about the heat
    harming the pex beneath the floor.Fireplace salesman says it's no problem but I'd like km e some confirmation from experts. Thx for any advice.

Post Likes
    If the fireplace has a convective chamber under the firebox you're probably fine. These fireplaces are listed for installation on a combustible floor with less than 90F temp rise under the firebox and less than 117F rise on the floor
    HTH

Post Likes
    I know there is a small space (chamber?) Between the floor and bottom of the fireplace body for the control valve,receiver and the battery holder. Would th his be a convection chamber? The fire place is the Valor H3.

Post Likes
    Hard to find the manual. I hate mfrs. who hide their installation manuals but provide tons of fluff. From what I've found, this unit carries a zero clearance to a combustible floor. Talk to your Valor rep then your radiant heat professional. Yes, that space 'appears' to be a convective chamber.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in