Thread: Duplex toggle dimmer, any such thing?

Post Likes

Duplex toggle dimmer, any such thing?

I installed a TAL06P2 toggle dimmer switch in my LR, I like it. I now want one in my kitchen, but it has a horizontal duplex, and one vertical single. All are 3 way, do they make such a thing?

Post Likes
    If there are just two switches, you could replace the Single “Vertical” switch with a dimmer. There aren’t any Duplex Dimmers. Also, if the Single Switch is in a awkward location, there are remote control dimmers that will fit in standard light fixture boxes. They will not fit in shallow boxes or ones that are crowded with a lot wires!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mlock View Post
    I installed a TAL06P2 toggle dimmer switch in my LR, I like it. I now want one in my kitchen, but it has a horizontal duplex, and one vertical single. All are 3 way, do they make such a thing?
    I’m trying to picture this in my head and can’t. Have a pic?

Do you mean the whole box is rotated 90*? Or where an outlet once was is now a switch/outlet combo, plus a standard switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Just do a Internet Search, enter “Duplex Switch.” They come in SPST and SPDT (Three-way) configurations. There are no Dimmers in this configuration, there’s not enough area in the switch to dissipate the heat.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Just do a Internet Search, enter “Duplex Switch.” They come in SPST and SPDT (Three-way) configurations. There are no Dimmers in this configuration, there’s not enough area in the switch to dissipate the heat.
    . That’s what I figured it was but just wanted to confirm we were all using the same terms!

Could always take the box out and put a cut in 3 gang box then you would have space for dimmers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    Could always take the box out and put a cut in 3 gang box then you would have space for dimmers.
    Thank you, very interesting functional solution!

Post Likes
    Been going back here everytime I need solution to this problem. Thanks.

Post Likes
    #1/Responsiv LED Dimmer goes in the Fixture, works off wall switch, with no modification, to the switch. THIS ONLY WORKS WITH 0-10 vdc LED dimming. You may need to add a 0-10 vdc power supply. Look at as many YouTube Videos, as you can, to understand how this works! #2/Install a Remote Control Wired in Module in the Fixture, to work with a matching Battery powered remote control. #3/ Install another single gang Stud Mount Electrical box below or above existing box and wire a LED Dimmer switch in. Tip install the box opposite where wires come into the existing box. If you don’t throughly understand how to work this out, hire an electrician!!