+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrier - PIC 6 - 19XRV

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Carrier - PIC 6 - 19XRV

Hi All,

So, I have a problem... I have a new 2018 19XRV that I simply cannot access - none of the standard passwords work (1111 for service) I cannot find any BUS or ELEMENTs when I connect my NSTV to the CCN - nothing?? There is only one CCN connection on the back of the screen - which I attempted to connect to - no luck.

I even did a search of BUS 0 to 239 and element 1 to 5 - nothing??

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to connect, or if I should even be able to connect? I hear there is some special password app thing now??

Happy snaps attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4511.jpg   IMG_4516.jpg   IMG_4517.jpg  

2. Likes Bensullivan363 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Balfe,

If it 2018 vintage will be PIC5, this has the smart password feature that changes every 3 months. The new password is distributed by email to an authorized distribution list.
    Necessity is the mother of invention

Post Likes
    I have been able to login with the basic passwords on the pic 5 machine we work on

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    can you access the upc? I see you have the usb-l connected.

do both your tx and rx lights flash on the service tool? and its not on LEN. Im guessing you know that though.

Post Likes
    You need to connect your service tool to the touch pilot middle 3 pin socket underneath , the plug you remove you will need to connect to the same plug via a cable with a female 3 pin plug.
    All of the software is in the Touch pilot.
    All future smart view products will need the new servicetool Carrier Pro View for any future downloads to the Touch Pilot you will have to be registered with Carrier for this and passwords will change frequently via an app.
    Would think 1111 password should work but as info over here on Pic 6 is still scarce.
    Regarding your bus scan
    It should be Bus 0 and then scan from 1 to 239 element number.

Gibbo

Post Likes

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Hi Lads,

I've tried that direct connection Gibbo - direct to the PIC6 display screen (CCN terminals) but with no luck - methodically tried heaps of ranges too. I've connected to some many Carriers before via NSTV, but this one is doing my head in!!

I've also connected to UPC-OPN modules before too (i-VU tools) but again, this one is locked - this one in the picture is connecting the VFD to the LEN.

I've tried every password known to Carrier man too, so i'm assuming this one may have been changed.

One question is, do you think i should be able to connect to a PIC6 via NSTV?

It looks like Carrier is going down the Trane path - locking it all up!!

Post Likes
    The information I have is Network Service Tool and Comfort View can be used. But any software downloads is done via Carrier ProView service tool which is a new program and you would need to register for an account with Carrier Passwords are generated via a mobile app to access the chiller.
    Using your Network Service Tool you need to be connected at the display at 9600 baud rate the plug you remove needs to connect to the same plug via a female plug and short piece of cable.
    The smart view controls are new as well as this Pro View service tool so I can't comment on them.
    Have you spoken to Carrier locally.

Gibbo

Post Likes
    Hi ChillerR123,

Have you solve the issue? If you do can share with me how we going to reset the tripping alarm for this 2018 19XR chiller?

can email to us Email addresses belong in your profile, not in post. Please put it in your profile, thank you.?

Really appreciate your support.
    Last edited by beenthere; 03-27-2021 at 09:17 AM.

Post Likes
    if you are interested in Carrier ProView service tool software, Please email me.

Post Likes
    Hi james2007 - no deets in your profile - PM via mine if you like.

Post Likes
    Email addresses belong in your profile, not in post. Please put it in your profile, thank you.

Post Likes
    Hi All, I can't believe how long ago I posted this. Short and sweet is yes, i did resolve talking to the chiller. it turned out someone decided a random bus and element would be best choice for this chiller, and a totally different one for the chiller next to it. It was resolved by using a big coffee and a comfortable chair.

16. Likes Nuclrchiller, beenthere liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Oh, and UPC-OPN is via i-vu tools - but i'm sure all Carrier people already knew that

18. Likes Comarat liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Hello ChillerR123,

can you explain to us how did u do it excatly in steps ?

Post Likes
    Hi Comarat,

Step 1 = have 1 x Carrier NSTV
    Step 2 = connect, then do a bus & element search - be patient
    Step 3 = nothing, cause once this is done, you are in

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillerR123 View Post
    Hi All,

So, I have a problem... I have a new 2018 19XRV that I simply cannot access - none of the standard passwords work (1111 for service) I cannot find any BUS or ELEMENTs when I connect my NSTV to the CCN - nothing?? There is only one CCN connection on the back of the screen - which I attempted to connect to - no luck.

I even did a search of BUS 0 to 239 and element 1 to 5 - nothing??

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to connect, or if I should even be able to connect? I hear there is some special password app thing now??

Happy snaps attached
    The user access password which you have will still work in user config only, its only the access to service and factory configs that is restricted and requires Carrier approved access via their new mobile app. All service and factory passwords have a time limit and will constantly change..
    Regarding the servicetool connection unplug the CCN plug from the display connect the servicetool plug and removed plug together then plug back into CCN terminal on the display.

Gibbo

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in