Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Balancers...how would you go at this?

Post Likes
    Yes, I calibrated the static sensor but ended up with a new one. It at least worked, but still off by 0.4".
    Found in config that someone selected 0-3 " sensor range. But these are 0-5". Changed that works great.
    Got email yesterday about the cool mins. They add to 4300 instead of the 6500 I'd like. So that will be changed soon too.

Starting on the next one soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Looks like you are getting somewhere . If you can unload all the way to 16% then your theoretical minimum would be right around 2000 cfm . 4300 cfm for a minimum has plenty of safety built in . 6500 for a minimum is 57% of maximum cfm . I would say that is a bit high . 4300 minimum sounds like it might even be enough for the flow sensors to read correctly when the boxes are at minimum . Continued good luck .

Post Likes
    Good points brad.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bradluke0 View Post
    Looks like you are getting somewhere . If you can unload all the way to 16% then your theoretical minimum would be right around 2000 cfm . 4300 cfm for a minimum has plenty of safety built in . 6500 for a minimum is 57% of maximum cfm . I would say that is a bit high . 4300 minimum sounds like it might even be enough for the flow sensors to read correctly when the boxes are at minimum . Continued good luck .
    Hmmm. Good point.

But if the unit stages the compressors/unloaded to meet supply air STPT too aggressively...itll still be too low cfm.

Dont know if its done in Carrier algorithm or BAS .

Unit as installed states 6000 minimum. But you make sense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    If the submittal or other documentation says 6000 cfm minimum then there may be a good reason for that . It would be nice to have a sequence of operation that spells out what is supposed to happen . There is always more than one way to skin a cat and my way may not be the best .

6. Likes icy78 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    was there a solution on this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12