+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Refrigeration cycle efficiency breakdown?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    The 0* superheat i referred to was a piston metered ac. It was quite a curiosity to me. It was only at 105* outdoor with a fairly low indoor wet bulb.

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk
    Charging by superheat is a different game altogether and the correct superheat requirements can float between a vast range depending on the load on the indoor coil and the temperature outside. For example, one day the superheat requirements for a unit might be 5 degrees while another day on the same unit it might be 30 degrees. It depends entirely on the systems current operating conditions and can’t really be compared to a TXV system in the same way for this discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    I understand that.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Charging by superheat is a different game altogether and the correct superheat requirements can float between a vast range depending on the load on the indoor coil and the temperature outside. For example, one day the superheat requirements for a unit might be 5 degrees while another day on the same unit it might be 30 degrees. It depends entirely on the systems current operating conditions and can’t really be compared to a TXV system in the same way for this discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in