Thread: Simulators for HVAC controller/ Automation Server.

Post Likes

Simulators for HVAC controller/ Automation Server.

I've gotten a Raspberry Pi to talk to a HVAC Controller or Automation Server through MODbus and BACnet. I would like to know if there are any simulators that I can run on my computer and use to test. I require the simulator to simulate a Hvac system controller that I can communicate with using MODbus or BACnet. If that's not possible, will I at least be able to get a controller/automation server on rent?

Post Likes
    bacnet controllers are fairly cheap. What is your goal.
    Reading and Writing Values?
    Scheduling?
    Or are you just looking to learn and experiment.

Post Likes
    Reading and writing mostly and a little bit of experimenting. If there are cheap ones, can you help me out with a link? Thank you for your help.

Post Likes
    No worries. Just go to Ebay and search for BacNET thermostats. Thats all you need. HW-FF are pretty cool and have different applications built into them for different situations. JCI tec-3000 are good also.
    Hell depending where you are located (Im in San Antonio, TX) i could give you something i got laying around. What is your purpose (not trying to be nosey) but your profile page is lacking a few details and I cant figure out your purpose. You a student, work in the trade or just do BacNET for fun?

Post Likes
    I am a student and work in the trade(read intern). I'm from India, so i don't think getting one from you is possible, although I really appreciate the offer. I'll check that out. Thank you very much!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by prithivi View Post
    I am a student and work in the trade(read intern). I'm from India, so i don't think getting one from you is possible, although I really appreciate the offer. I'll check that out. Thank you very much!
    HaHaHaHaHa
    So actually i can help you out and will. Also you never know whats possible unless you try. Good friend of mine is from India and I know he still post stuff back home. If your programming a pi then you have some IT knowledge. Well i build enterprise grade servers for fun and have 2 virtualization servers running right now doing different things. Not to mention I also have a VPN appliance that i have been chomping at the bit to use. Last but not least i have a test bench running on my network with multiple bacnet devices from different manufactures for the sole purpose of BECAUSE I CAN. So do you wanna do some BacNET?

Post Likes
    Also did you tag this thread. Are you using any Haystack or have any interest/knowledge in it. I have some Haystack controllers with wireless haystack stats. (These are still prototypes) THat i am looking to play with.