22 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should we add.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Im on tapatalk and am not aware of an actual voting or pole option.

On the federal pacific thing... that is definitely no secret.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I too only use tapatalk and can’t see an option to click on a vote button.

If I may add a vote from the comments here to the YES PLEASE! Option I would be most appreciative to have my say in this.

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    NO comment was aimed at NO pissing contest.
    What about a little insider info on those "fix on fail" items.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa View Post
    really? those have been known junk for 40 years!
    Federal Pacific usually requires the H.O. to have the Fire Department on "Speed Dial".

And, ... YES! I Absolutely am in Favor of a Forum for the Pros, that has updated "Recalls", but, .... I'd be cautious about letting the Public see that Forum, due to the "Law Suit Happy" Culture that is out there.

A "Responsible Contractor", upon receiving news about a "Recall", would immediately contact the Customers that were affected.

That Data, ... being Public, in Our Facebook/ POKEMON GO!/ Snowflake World could be Improperly used & cause a lot of Unnecessary Grief for the Trade. In My Belief.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    How would the argument against creating it go?

I kind of like the no comment idea mentioned above, but then that could/would limit meaningful and often necessary commentary.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I disagree. Any of us should be able to post a recall or hazard. We've already been vetted.

Now that I'm on the other side of the counter, I get firsthand info, affected date codes, and also the ability to contact factory reps. For instance, Honeywell has recently recalled a specific model actuator (the number escapes me) from a certain date code to a certain date code for not reacting to a 2-10 signal. In the last 2 months, I have taken back 5 of a different model actuator, manufactured during the same dates as the ones already deemed faulty, for the same issue These have not yet made the recall list, but we are on top of Honeywell to get answers. If any of us have inside info, we should be able to make it available to the masses.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Hell, recalls are just plain good to know about. During the mjx “rust inhibitor” thing, we thougt we were pretty well had it licked but trane still gave us a few systems under the recall after the recall was released. Shows how much they pay attention. Lets make America great again getting our $80 from the manufacture for labor time and maybe they will be pressured to check it out before selling. instead of not knowing it paying for the part.

I Agree Core, ... On My part, here's been many a time,, where a "Faulty/ Failed" piece of Equipment had to be replaced/ repaired, on "My Dime", & not the Distributor/ Manufacturer. I finally got to the point, where I just took the Equipment back, & told them to replace it, since they weren't going to pay me to fix it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    I read this real fast...

Thought you were asking for a area to mention “known” folks who needed their pro status recalled, lol.
    Took me a few posts after yours to figure out this wasn't about service recalls lol
    Might want to title it something specific about product recalls if you add it

Post Likes
    https://pages1.honeywell.com/index.p...Yva3AvOGt4OCJ9
    We've taken back (5) M7215's with the same date codes for the same reasons

and Belimo butterfly valves (see attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

9. Likes Core_d liked this post.
    Post Likes

Post Likes
    I like the idea and the idea of comments on the recall to a point. Pertinent info on the recalled item would be a good thing, follow up questions about that info would be great, pi$$in contests need to be shut down instantly. This needs to be as pure and factual as we can keep it. Posts that are not directly related need to be removed, repeat offenders need to be removed and not allowed back in to this section.

Who will be gathering the info? Will it be up to manufacturers to start the thread or techs that have run into the issue and seen the recall bulletin, or all the above? The point is we need to make sure it is the correct info.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    WOW !!

To have the power of God.

How much did you have to pay to get that position? And how much does that position pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    OK... I don't see any one against this so

Here it is

https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdispl...ulletins-**NEW
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    WOW !!

To have the power of God.

How much did you have to pay to get that position? And how much does that position pay?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in