Thread: Aprilaire 600 inclined mounting

Post Likes

Aprilaire 600 inclined mounting

Hello, I have been looking into this forum and learning a lot. Thanks everyone.

I would like to get a Aprilaire 600 Humidifier installed with my 15 year old Lennox HVAC. I would like to install it on the return side since I have very limited space on the supply side and also there is a UV light already installed on the supply side.

But my return side is included at 30 degree angle. Please check picture. Can I install the humidifier inclined? Will this affect the performance? Or any other implications?

Please advice. Thanks
    Name:  20190124_065609.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  156.1 KB

Post Likes
    The water would run into the duct if you did that.

looks lie plenty of room for the humidifier to be installed between the return duct and the supply plenum.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    The water would run into the duct if you did that.

looks lie plenty of room for the humidifier to be installed between the return duct and the supply plenum.
    Thanks for the response. you mean install it on the supply plenum(sorry for my ignorance). I was told the UV light(in the supply side) is so powerful and it will reduce life of the humidifier. Which is why I was thinking of installing it on the return side.

Thanks

Post Likes
    It probably will shorten the life(somewhat like it will shorten the life of the evap coil's drain pan if its plastic). But humidifiers can't be installed on an angle.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    It probably will shorten the life(somewhat like it will shorten the life of the evap coil's drain pan if its plastic). But humidifiers can't be installed on an angle.
    Got it. thanks.