Thread: Aprilaire 800 Steam Humidifier with Trane XC95M furnace and Comfortlink II T-Stat

Post Likes

Aprilaire 800 Steam Humidifier with Trane XC95M furnace and Comfortlink II T-Stat

I have a Trance XC95M furnace with a 3-wire Comfortlink II communicating t-stat. I recently purchased an Aprilaire 800 steam humidifier which we had in our previous house and loved.

I installed that previous one myself but the old system used a standard t-stat not a communicating one. This time, I'm really stumped as to how I'm supposed to make the proper connections.

Unfortunately, there is no external temperature sensor connected to the t-stat and I have no means to get one connected without ripping out drywall. So, I can't really use the t-stat for humidifier control unless I want to be constantly changing the setting based on outdoor temperature.

The humidifier came with a return air duct-mount humidistat which I was planning to use as I can easily get the outdoor temperature sensor connected to it from the furnace room. Since the t-stat doesn't use the normal connections to the furnace, though, I'm confused as to how to get this to work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Post Likes
    A couple clarifications:

1. The specific t-stat model is TCONT900AC43UAA
    2. I figured out there a couple additional wires in the t-stat cable. They're just tucked back into the wall. However, there are no connections on the t-stat for an outdoor temp sensor so I guess it doesn't really matter.