Thread: Local 638B?? NYC

Post Likes

Local 638B?? NYC

Hello,

So just going to be straight forward I currently work for the a city agency at the moment. my pension is outstanding and my medical is to. 25/55 for pension (im 25) and I don't pay a dime when I have to go to the doctor with atena. Its just I know on the outside I could have a better pay check. So my question is to you. what can someone like me start off with if moving over to 638? I have 6 years in the field mostly light commercial rooftop units and boilers not to much duel fuel experience. Basic knowledge of chillers mostly maintenance. Troubleshooting skills are ok for chillers but everything else im fine. Also I can change out parts and have knowledge of BMS. Lastly if anyone can direct me to where I might be able to get more information maybe a 638 event or union hall, website I know theres a book that has a list of companies or something like that it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post Likes
    You could try calling the union hall and ask?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC Guy7 View Post
    Hello,

So just going to be straight forward I currently work for the a city agency at the moment. my pension is outstanding and my medical is to. 25/55 for pension (im 25) and I don't pay a dime when I have to go to the doctor with atena. Its just I know on the outside I could have a better pay check. So my question is to you. what can someone like me start off with if moving over to 638? I have 6 years in the field mostly light commercial rooftop units and boilers not to much duel fuel experience. Basic knowledge of chillers mostly maintenance. Troubleshooting skills are ok for chillers but everything else im fine. Also I can change out parts and have knowledge of BMS. Lastly if anyone can direct me to where I might be able to get more information maybe a 638 event or union hall, website I know theres a book that has a list of companies or something like that it would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Call 638 and find out when and how to apply. That's what I did with 120 some 20 years ago., I couldn't imagine working outside the fitters

Post Likes
    The UA has directed its locals to accept 5 years of documented HVAC experience as journeyman status equivalent. call 638, ask to speak with the organizer for HVAC service and see if you can set an appointment with him, they may ask you for a notarized affidavit stating your tenure. This is a great time to join the union, most locals are starving for good service guys.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!